Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knee surgery

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB

Knee surgery

Hey peeps can any of y'all give me an insight to what the recovery is of a tear & displaced meniscus surgery? Thanks

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Depends 'what else' they have to do while in there but typically its a 6-8 week recovery. Most of the guys I know who got it were back on the mats drilling in a few weeks. Thing was it was about 6-12 months till they were 100 percent. I tore my meniscus back in April an its finally starting to feel normal again. If you play rubber with that leg your gonna have to shut it down for a while.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    Depends 'what else' they have to do while in there but typically its a 6-8 week recovery. Most of the guys I know who got it were back on the mats drilling in a few weeks. Thing was it was about 6-12 months till they were 100 percent. I tore my meniscus back in April an its finally starting to feel normal again. If you play rubber with that leg your gonna have to shut it down for a while.
    Thanks VJ, yeah I cant play rubberguard the knees were already bad when I started lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I have low grade miniscus tears in both knees and I can still play rubber guard so It is probably something much worse or really nasty tears. What did the MRI show?
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Passini View Post
    I have low grade miniscus tears in both knees and I can still play rubber guard so It is probably something much worse or really nasty tears. What did the MRI show?
    It's a bad one brotha. One of the peeps said never seen one like this the entire meniscus is detached so woohoo lol

Array

School
    In my mind
    Knee bar immunity! Think about it, someone reaps the knee, you flip that cap to the back, go all ostrich knee on a bitch! You're gonna be ok brotha. I got a good feeling about it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    It's a bad one brotha. One of the peeps said never seen one like this the entire meniscus is detached so woohoo lol
    That sucks!!!!
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

My medial meniscus is also torn and I'm going in for arthroscopic surgery in a few weeks. The surgeon, who is also the Atlanta Falcons current doctor, told me that I would be fine in about a month. I think it just depends on how bad it is.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony "The Goods" Garcia View Post
    Knee bar immunity! Think about it, someone reaps the knee, you flip that cap to the back, go all ostrich knee on a bitch! You're gonna be ok brotha. I got a good feeling about it.
    hahaha thats awesome!!!!

Hope you get well soon B-Dub!!! I messed my knee up pretty bad too but Im broke so I just toughed it out. I can still play rubber guard on that side but not as good as I used to. keep us updated
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    no school in the area
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    Hey peeps can any of y'all give me an insight to what the recovery is of a tear & displaced meniscus surgery? Thanks
    Hey dude ! it depends where the tear is you can have 5 types of tears. The most coman on is tear on the outside .But normally after 3 to 4 weeks you can do your normal daily things . Everybody healls in his own way! Goodluck kid !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast