Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside

First Tourney this weekend, Need help with weight cutting.

Hey peeps, coming up this friday I weigh in for my first BJJ tournament. I have done a couple amateur muay thai matches a couple years back but had no need to drop weight or anything for those. I just stepped off the scale I am 181 and have been dieting hard the past couple weeks eating only veggies, fruits, and fish. I am planning on stepping on the scale at 175 on friday so I bought a sauna suit if needed. Any advice on how long to wear the plastics or if maybe I should try and do a practice cut tomorrow or something. I have never done it so sorry for all the random questions. Thanks for any advice in advance.

BiGGinZ

Array

School
    Spartan Club Ireland
    Weigh yourself before you go to sleep and again when you wake up, see how much weight you loose in your sleep. You want to make weight before you go to sleep the night before the comp if its on in the morning. This way you will be able to tell what you can drink before bed and what you can have for breakfast.

Array

School
    Ronin
    I would suggest cutting out all fruits, sugar and anything sweet. Stick to just veggies and meats. 70% of your meal should be veggies and 20% meats. Steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, or brussel sprouts are great vegetables. For meats, poultry and lamb are best but beef and fish work too they are not as healthy though. 10% of your meal should be complex carbohydrates such as brown rice, millet, or quinoa. Keep your meals simple. Try to just have three things per meal such as steamed broccoli with chicken breast and some brown rice. This isn't the most tasty diet but it is very healthy and you will drop weight very fast without depleting your body of nutrients. Oh and try not to drink any liquids 15 minutes before or an hour after each meal so that you can digest easier. I have done this before a couple fights and it works great. Good luck.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Def weigh urself before bed, and depending on what u do for work I'd bring a scale with me (or see if u can work from home on day of weigh in). Also make sure u know how much ur clothes weigh, I accidentally cut excessively a couple times when I mis-did the math on my pants.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Thanks for the input guys