Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK

What and why to wear in competition

Got some grappling comps approaching and without trying to sound too much like my Mrs, I cant decide what to wear.

With regards nogi how much thought has been put into what attire will complement the various styles?

Guard guys like Aoki are going to favour tights or gi pants. Wrestlers and those who favour explosive movements would much rather let sweat work its magic by going shirtless with battle pants. Then you have your Bill Cooper/Jeff Glovers who want the body control of tee and board shorts but the limbs free to slip out of stuff. Either that or they jus dont give a damn!?

Personally I have preferred going tee shirt and board shorts, probably as thats how I train. But I have also competed no gi shirtless as well as with tights and rash guard another time.

A guide to what and why would be extremely helpful I think, and would be interesting to hear our competitive nibiru warriors chime in with their thoughts.

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    whats your game like?

Array

School
    Probably top game heavy as I have more success from there but I like guard a lot, just not that flexible so prefer to play more open using elevators and hooks as well as the closed guard and rubber guard. I like getting under the hips and am supposedly quite good in making scrambles work to my advantage, I love the truck. My back control sucks and my submission awareness/avoidance is far far superior to my actual escapes.
    When I'm on top I prefer to move and bait mistakes during transitions. Defo more a pick the lock kinda guy, I dont really have a crushing top game and struggle to force stuff but I do catch people in fast subs which they tap to before trying to defend- on my good days

Array

School
    That whole post of mine reads a lot like a reply to a lonely hearts ad. Meh.

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    i think a rashie and mma shorts would suffice

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Rash guard and fight shorts are the general attire. I additionally wear tuba grips and ankles sleeves to keep things from being overly slippery. I feel it makes the end of the round a bit more consistent with the beginning in terms of slippage. I don’t like competing in gi pants because I hate pants grabbing cheaters

I would say above everything though, TRAIN LIKE YOU COMPETE, COMPETE LIKE YOU TRAIN. I train every day in the above mentioned attire just because I plan on competing in it. You don’t need another variable of change to deal with in a tournament.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Mma shorts or gi pants whatever you are more comfortable in. We prefer Longsleeve rashies. If you use them ankle & knee sleeves

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I would rather sacrifice defense for more offensive firepower.

GI pants or tights with ankle sleeves and a rash guard. I hate it when dudes slip out of my clinches :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I'm probably gonna compete in Gi pants for the first time this year. I love wearing them, and to me they make an insane difference.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Long sleeve rashie, shorts, and long johns underneath. The cotton grips like gi pants but is stream lined like tights. Makes lockdown, triangles, armbars and rg way tighter.

But some people think that your a mentally challenged kid that wandered onto the mat. Till their triangle escape fails.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast