Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
    Hi Rachael, you speak the truth, and this is a frustration with the women I talk with. I think it would be a good idea for women like you to take the lead to create something unique. If you have the time. But, my opinion is that a women's nogi class should be marketed at a self defense class. Trying to market women's nogi jiu jitsu doesn't seem to appeal to the average woman the way it does to, say, your average UFC watching male. We'll get a walk in guy, all the time. But when do you get a woman walk into a gym that says, "I was interested in nogi because I heard Eddie and Joe talk about it."
    It's a subject up for discussion, but I've been thinking about this. I have ideas, but at this point they are just ideas.
    Coach RW (and staff) does offer a Women’s Only 10PJJ class, three days a week as well as Coach Daniel Valdez doing a once-a –month self-defense class for Women. I have never been to the Self Defense class. I do straight Jiu Jitsu, both “women’s only” 10PJJ and the regular co-ed 10PJJ. The women’s only class started about 6 months ago and I have already seen an ass-load of women come and go. Not one has stuck with it for more than a month or so. A lot of time I am the only one there! (Can we say, private lesson!!
    Either way, I am truly lucky to have the amazing coaches that I have.

How many women do you have at your gym??

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Kaulig View Post
    Coach RW (and staff) does offer a Women’s Only 10PJJ class, three days a week as well as Coach Daniel Valdez doing a once-a –month self-defense class for Women. I have never been to the Self Defense class. I do straight Jiu Jitsu, both “women’s only” 10PJJ and the regular co-ed 10PJJ. The women’s only class started about 6 months ago and I have already seen an ass-load of women come and go. Not one has stuck with it for more than a month or so. A lot of time I am the only one there! (Can we say, private lesson!!
    Either way, I am truly lucky to have the amazing coaches that I have.

How many women do you have at your gym??
    That's awesome Rachael. So even in a women's only class it's sparse huh? I see. Hmmmm...
    Well it's good you're doing any and all classes!

At our gym, we'll get a couple come visit here and there, but doing jiu jitsu, there's one maybe 2 females.
    Cardio kickboxing, on the other hand, will have classes filled with women. At first glance, you'd wanna say the women are more concerned with looking good and losing weight. I think it's deeper than that though. It would take more space than I have to write here to explain my thoughts, but the gist of it breaks down to the fabric of our society. Ultimately, this mindset will need to change.

Anyhow, it's awesome RW is doing a Women's only. I've heard of traveling women's open mats as well, from Jeryn at BTT Cambridge and people she communicates with. I think it could be a good idea for all geo-areas to have a regional open mat for women only, that meets up every 3rd week of the month or so. One wouldn't be in a tournament mindset, but a training and networking one. Instead of going against the few women that are in the scene, collaborate with them to grow that niche.

As my mind races... thanks for your input!!!

Array

School
    That's awesome Rachael. So even in a women's only class it's sparse huh? I see. Hmmmm...
    Well it's good you're doing any and all classes!

At our gym, we'll get a couple come visit here and there, but doing jiu jitsu, there's one maybe 2 females.
    Cardio kickboxing, on the other hand, will have classes filled with women. At first glance, you'd wanna say the women are more concerned with looking good and losing weight. I think it's deeper than that though. It would take more space than I have to write here to explain my thoughts, but the gist of it breaks down to the fabric of our society. Ultimately, this mindset will need to change.

Anyhow, it's awesome RW is doing a Women's only. I've heard of traveling women's open mats as well, from Jeryn at BTT Cambridge and people she communicates with. I think it could be a good idea for all geo-areas to have a regional open mat for women only, that meets up every 3rd week of the month or so. One wouldn't be in a tournament mindset, but a training and networking one. Instead of going against the few women that are in the scene, collaborate with them to grow that niche.

As my mind races... thanks for your input!!!
    Yes, we too have more women doing "fitness" classes...

I was supposed to go on a business trip this coming July to the East coast but I weaseled my way into getting it changed to California --This was two fold:

1) I hate flying and wanted to be close enough that my husband and son come come visit me (little family vacation, it's a 3 week trip)
    2) I want to go to HQ and other Cali 10P gyms. (at little cost to me!! - though I was planning to go to HQ this summer anyways)

So... I will be in El Segundo (Los Angeles Air Force Base) July 8th though Aug 3rd. I am staying in San Pedro (Fort MacArthur) though. My plan is to train a few days at each of the gym. I hear Kim at Burbank has a few ladies. I will FOR SURE come over to see you guys at Costa Mesa...I really want a shirt/rashguard with a big Orange on it.

Array

School
    Women and fitness. It started with this!!

Awesome.. it's always good to get a vacay worked around business. Best way to do it.
    That would be so awesome to have you come visit the gym when you get out to socal. there are a few women at riverside 10p as well, so it'll be good if you make the trip out there as well.
    When you do visit, let me know so I know to have our shirts on hand.
    cool talk soon.. keep me posted.
    Rick

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    2 of Einstein's female students tapped out dudes
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Hey Eddie, I did get to ref a couple of his students, and lemme tell you, those gals take no prisoners.. Going belly down with ankles, I was trying to hold back my excitement and just ref. Jee, was one of the girls' names.

Array

School
    Women and fitness. It started with this!!

Awesome.. it's always good to get a vacay worked around business. Best way to do it.
    That would be so awesome to have you come visit the gym when you get out to socal. there are a few women at riverside 10p as well, so it'll be good if you make the trip out there as well.
    When you do visit, let me know so I know to have our shirts on hand.
    cool talk soon.. keep me posted.
    Rick
    For Sure! Once it gets closer, I will figure out your guy's schedules. Maybe we can rally up some ladies on a weekend while I am down there too.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Kaulig View Post
    For Sure! Once it gets closer, I will figure out your guy's schedules. Maybe we can rally up some ladies on a weekend while I am down there too.
    Perfect! Just hit me up. Great idea about rallying up the girls. Maybe all meet at TapouT, L.A. Very roomy!

Array

School
    Slick Rick: There's hope...6 women in the "women's only" jiu jitsu class tonight! Does that get your wheel turning?? I haven't seen that many since the first month it started.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast