Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox

What do you guys think about intergender fighting

i seen this article and wanted to know what you guys think http://www.examiner.com/article/is-t...e-mma-fighting

i am completely against this, i have no problem going against a girl in a jiu jitsu competition, ive faced gabby bella in competition (she would have beaten me most likely had all subs been legal, she was setting up a turkey wrap or something the ref was telling her she couldnt do lol) and i kno for a fact that there is no inferiority i just think mma should stay a mVm and fVf sport. How about you guys?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Its already happening
    cyborg2.jpg

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    lol. that disgusts me

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    If a woman injects enough steroids does she become a man?

Im against it, but I think Rousey could beat up a couple of guys in her devision.

As long as she makes me a sandwich after we fight.

Where is Taylor when u need him!

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    I could see a situation down the road, but it would be close. It'd have be like Cris Cyborg vs Urijah Faber within 10-20lbs of each other...

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Obviously she was on man juice.

My take is that inter-gender is the only truly non-sexist way to go. Thing is that there would be no women in MMA if it was inter-gender. Ronda would go from phenom to out of work.

Disagree? Which bantamweight fighter could she defeat?

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Weight_Cl...Name&order=asc

Now I admit she could beat my ass but we're talking pro-mma here.

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    "Is the world ready for" hahah! Female fighters going up against male fighters is old news. It works fine, provided they are the same weight class, and of equal skill level, I see no problem. Pure shows with men vs women is a bad idea tho. Womens MMA is a lot smaller, and the skill level is generally bad. A percentage of those girls again are really good, they get it. Also; it would be like a gender vs gender thing, more than a fighter from one sex going up against a fighter from another sex. Shows; No. The occasional man vs woman? Bring it on! The strength factor disappears with the weight class in place.
    Rousey seems like she could out-grapple and submit anyone from her weigthclass provided they were inferior to her on the ground. She might get knocked out tho. But in that particular setting I see it as more likely that she gets the takedown. Her ability to take damage standing, that part is questionable. She's had a short career in MMA so far. It's a very good publicity stunt on her part, and even better if she does it and wins. (my thoughts)

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    The part of me that's working to not be sexist says that if a woman wants to get in a ring with a man it's her right. The traditionalist in me doesn't like the idea of watching a woman get KTFO by a man. It doesn't sit we'll with me at all.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Joachim Hoff View Post
    The strength factor disappears with the weight class in place.
    Why do you believe this to be true? Men are on avg about 1/3 stronger than women of the same weight overall and 40-50% stronger in the upper body. Or else athletes have been wasting their time all these years taking male hormones.

Andy Kaufman went all over the US for a period of several years taking all female challengers including a lot of tough looking lesbians and none of them could touch him. He was an out of shape, untrained, comedian. I've know two big women who assumed they were stronger than me. AT the time I probably weighed 140lbs and they were like 170-180. They were very surprised and disappointed to see that they were like kids compared to me strength wise. I was a little surprised too, I knew I was stronger but I didn't expect to be that much stronger. My little brother was able to beat them in arm wrestling decisively and he weighed maybe 120 at the time, sticks for arms.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast