Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    K Madden

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    I'm on the same page. It sounds cliche but i'm gonna start writing letters! ha... And making phone calls. It's our responsibility to hold our representatives accountable and make sure they actually represent us.
    It does go through buddy. I've been in the offices as they read them. Keep it up

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Why is this such a large problem? This is currently a volunteer military, everyone chose to go into it. I could understand the issue if they were conscripted, but it seems as though the issue is worse than conscripted US militaries had.

Just curious, not attacking or placing blame on anyone

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Why is this such a large problem? This is currently a volunteer military, everyone chose to go into it. I could understand the issue if they were conscripted, but it seems as though the issue is worse than conscripted US militaries had.

It has nothing to do with how you got into the military. It is events that take place throughout the time one is in the military.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    It has nothing to do with how you got into the military. It is events that take place throughout the time one is in the military.
    But they knowingly entered a career that would put them in those situations. Most of them probably joined since we have entered the iraq/Afghanistan conflicts too, so they weren't joining peace time military.

It's something I have honestly wondered because my grandfather (world war 2 vet) constantly complains about it.

K Madden

But they knowingly entered a career that would put them in those situations. Most of them probably joined since we have entered the iraq/Afghanistan conflicts too, so they weren't joining peace time military.

It's something I have honestly wondered because my grandfather (world war 2 vet) constantly complains about it.
    When people sign up for it, they have NO idea what they are getting themselves into. Nor should they know.
    Its evil. Every little thing about it is evil. You can't explain that kind of evil to someone who hasn't seen it for themselves.

But, if you say that at the Recruiters Office...you're not really gonna get many recruits, now are ya?

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    So its more of an issue of disingenuous recruiting methods?

Was PTSD really not an issue pre Vietnam? My grandpa is like a Wyoming version of cotton hill, so I don't really follow his rants as truth

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    we need major improvements in mental healthcare in the U.S.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by K Madden View Post
    Kyle, with your permission, I'd like to bring this to the congressman. this quote.
    You absolutely have my permission Ken.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.

Because few people are ready for the realities of war.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Was PTSD really not an issue pre Vietnam? My grandpa is like a Wyoming version of cotton hill, so I don't really follow his rants as truth
    It was always a factor. Some people think certain types of head trauma can be partly to blame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSp8IyaKCs0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast