Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Lovato/Ribiero NW

Military Suicides

So I keep hearing about this but haven't had it really sink in until I read this article (by the Washington Post Jan.14)http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...ecd_story.html.

But apparently we loose more service people to suicide than combat. That's some cold hearted shit to hear. And I wonder how many people have even heard this let alone know it. Not many?

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    137 already this year, it's a fucking tragedy man.

Politicians do talk a lot about supporting the troops, but these numbers don't lie.

This should be all over the news.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    Fucking tragedy! I have too many friends who have come home and drank themselves near to death or drove 100 mph down the center lane to try to kill themselves. I have had friends confess that they have held a gun to their head for hours because of their PTSD. We have a responsibility to these people as a country, a responsibility that we more often than not overlook.

Array

School
    Montalvo Martial Arts Lifestyle Center/10th Planet Omaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie Montalvo View Post
    Fucking tragedy! I have too many friends who have come home and drank themselves near to death or drove 100 mph down the center lane to try to kill themselves. I have had friends confess that they have held a gun to their head for hours because of their PTSD. We have a responsibility to these people as a country, a responsibility that we more often than not overlook.
    This was me, my wife was still logged in lol.

K Madden

This is exactly why I'm working with Congress now. Even if it doesn't do anything, because Congress if full of old pricks...I'm still gonna try.
    I've been there. It's not easy.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    The suicide rate in general is out of control. We need to take better care of each other. But then thats not really the winning mentality being spread around anymore in our culture.

Array

School
    Lovato/Ribiero NW
    Quote Originally Posted by K Madden View Post
    This is exactly why I'm working with Congress now. Even if it doesn't do anything, because Congress if full of old pricks...I'm still gonna try.
    I'm on the same page. It sounds cliche but i'm gonna start writing letters! ha... And making phone calls. It's our responsibility to hold our representatives accountable and make sure they actually represent us.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    I have had to fight my friends for a bottle of Jack Daniels, flush their pills and be there while they couldn't control their anger and their wives and girlfriends leave them. Deployments change you, and most of the time it is for the worst. They think people can just get off a bus after 7-13 months (some of them being in constant threat of danger) and they can return to work like they never were there. They talk about readjustment but in reality you get 96 (4 days off) when you return from deployment and you go back to work. Four days to readjust from 7-13 months of continuous combat and work related stress. That is a slap in the face and the first 6 months are the most vulnerable periods for returning vets, but the sad reality is by the time they are settle in back home the are already working up for the next deployment. No wonder so many men and women commit suicide. I have lost 6 friends in 5 years in the Marines. Its a fucking tragedy!

K Madden

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    I have had to fight my friends for a bottle of Jack Daniels, flush their pills and be there while they couldn't control their anger and their wives and girlfriends leave them. Deployments change you, and most of the time it is for the worst. They think people can just get off a bus after 7-13 months (some of them being in constant threat of danger) and they can return to work like they never were there. They talk about readjustment but in reality you get 96 (4 days off) when you return from deployment and you go back to work. Four days to readjust from 7-13 months of continuous combat and work related stress. That is a slap in the face and the first 6 months are the most vulnerable periods for returning vets, but the sad reality is by the time they are settle in back home the are already working up for the next deployment. No wonder so many men and women commit suicide. I have lost 6 friends in 5 years in the Marines. Its a fucking tragedy!
    Kyle, with your permission, I'd like to bring this to the congressman. this quote.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast