Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul

Petition on Whitehouse.gov

We've all had it with Congress. 75% of Americans would favor a Constitutional amendment limiting Congressional terms according to a Gallup poll published just yesterday.

So let's do it!

I posted this petition on whitehouse.gov. We need 150 signatures to make it publicly viewable and we need 100,000 by Feb 17th to get a formal response. We can do this! Sign it and share it!

For those of you with a Twitter handle: you could please tweet this far and wide? I don't have a Twitter account and by the time I got one set up and had enough followers it'd be well past the deadline. Thanks!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...imits/9vLTqttw

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Here's the text of the petition:

"Formally propose a Constitutional Amendment establishing Congressional term limits.

Congress has become increasingly partisan; gridlock is common and the American people suffer for it. Congress has come to serve special interests as a direct result of the continuous campaign cycle. The members of Congress spend an exorbitant amount of the people's time trying to get re-elected and spend little time working towards compromise. Congress has become dysfunctional because its members must always fear the next election. To remain in power, they cannot make the hard choices the American people need them to make.

It is unlikely Congress will act to curb its own power and thus we ask the President to formally propose a Constitutional amendment limiting Congressional terms. If Congress refuses to act, he should appeal to the States to call a Constitutional convention."

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Can't we just put them in jail where they belong?

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    How about no more pork barrel legislation (no unrelated riders) AND no secret votes, if you vote as a rep of the people we should be able to see how you voted.

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    i dont think they will ever give themselves reasonable term limits (like 1 term only, with no retirement) but we can vote them out..

if we can get everyone to never vote for a incumbent ever again (this is the hard part), then we will be able to replace them every term...