Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Submissions from North South?

When rolling i’ve noticed a lot of times guys leave the north south choke wide open which sounds great but in reality i need to keep drilling it because its slow and most of the times they turn into it or i just don’t get the neck, i was wondering if theres any other submissions you guys like to do from this position or any sweeps to get to the back?
    Thanks

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    I love North South and prob go there more then I attempt to go to mount. I use the n/s choke, reverse triangle and the executioner. As far as getting to the back, from the executioner, if they pop thier head out you can kick you bottom leg out and take the back from there. If they turn into me, I usually end up in sprawl control and go for guillotine, vice grip to necktie or darce.

Array

School
    Striker Fight Center
    I prefer 69 Flavors from North South and have a high percentage of success. It seals the deal quickly.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    This has been a real bright spot in my game lately. First, It took me more than a year of constant apllication of the NS choke every chance I got before I started having decent sucess. I tried it on and off for a year before that and never "got it". It wasn't until making the decision that I was going to do it every chance I got, that I started to improve. 0% success at first, then 10%, then 20%, and so on until more than a year later I'm at 50-60%. Now to try and address your question. This is my series of attacks that works for me, and maybe you can try. I try all these in pretty rapid succesion until one hits, very tough to defend one after another without leaving an opening somewhere. Combine these techniques: NS choke, can crusher to darce, Marcelotine. I can't really teach it in this format, so just play with it and pay special attention to where his arm is at and what he is giving you. Also work the knee on belly into the mix.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    The Woolsey's down in Flo-Rida got a mean Northsouth, D'arce, Guillotine Combo... Shit Gave me fits when I was down there.
    Last edited by John Mejia; 02-01-2013 at 10:36 AM. Reason: miss spelled Guillotine

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    There's an armlock that twists the arm like an americana that you can use if they stick and arm under your armpit. You kind of sit out and bring the arm accross your body. You end up parallell to them and you put your leg accross them to prevent them from escaping. No clue if it has a name.

Also, the best way to set up the N/S from my experience is to cross face their face away from you, then drop your ribs onto their face to keep their face turned away (you're looking away like twister side control) then over hook the neck and slide out for the choke. That's a high percentage set up for me. If they're facing you before you start moving to n/s, I suppose you could bait them for a Von Flue choke or at least give them enough shoulder pressure to make them want to move their face.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    I prefer 69 Flavors from North South and have a high percentage of success. It seals the deal quickly.
    What's that?
    Last edited by David Rosado; 02-01-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Array

School
    Striker Fight Center
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post

What's that?
    One arm north south choke while using your other hand and scoop under his chin. This prevents him from turning his head trying to escape the choke. This is one of Epstein's older moves, but still VERY effective!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    There's an armlock that twists the arm like an americana that you can use if they stick and arm under your armpit. You kind of sit out and bring the arm accross your body. You end up parallell to them and you put your leg accross them to prevent them from escaping. No clue if it has a name.

Also, the best way to set up the N/S from my experience is to cross face their face away from you, then drop your ribs onto their face to keep their face turned away (you're looking away like twister side control) then over hook the neck and slide out for the choke. That's a high percentage set up for me. If they're facing you before you start moving to n/s, I suppose you could bait them for a Von Flue choke or at least give them enough shoulder pressure to make them want to move their face.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    One arm north south choke while using your other hand and scoop under his chin. This prevents him from turning his head trying to escape the choke. This is one of Epstein's older moves, but still VERY effective!
    Ah that sounds dope! Is that on the All Stars DVD? I've been meaning to get that.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Ah, that's what it's called. Thanks coach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast