Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am confused by the conspiracy theorists.

Which of the six manned moon landings were faked?

Who installed the laser reflectors used for accurate distance measurements ever since?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_L...ing_experiment
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ts_on_the_Moon

Who landed the lunar landers that have been seen recently by modern lunar fly bys?
    http://www.space.com/12796-photos-ap...sites-lro.html

Where did the giant 110m tall Saturn 5 rockets go after the whole world watched them take off? Did the Russians not follow these rockets via radar to see where they went?

It seems to me that actual engineers and scientists are comfortable in the knowledge that the moon landings took place more or less in accordance with the official histories. It seems to me that those who don't accept this knowledge smoke a lot of dope and/or don't understand science and engineering.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    That cold war thing was probably fake too though.
    Actually the cold war was fake. Now we have the "War on Terror" to take its place.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by SebG View Post
    maybe we should ask you. I'd suspect you have more inside government connections than the rest of us.

Is that sarcasm HJ? The conspiracy theorists I have read are never clear on which specific aspects of EACH manned moon landing was faked or simply forget that there were SIX manned moon landings. Are you seriously suggesting HJ that there are ppl who have been working for "the government" over the last 40 years and ppl still working in the establishment maintaining this so-called "secret"? How many would that require - hundreds, thousands? And not one is spilling the beans? If the government was that well-versed in cover-ups then Watergate would never have happened.

It took thousands of engineers to plan and implement the Saturn 5 rocket program, plan how to get humans to the moon and return them safely to earth. It was a huge endeavour, planned in meticulous detail. There were a series of rocket launches, progressively testing more and more evolved technical developments - i.e. it wasn't Apollo 1 that landed on the moon. In fact Apollo 1 had a tragic accident - in a 100% oxygen environment electrical fires burn very well and personnel died. At the time, there WAS a cold war otherwise NASA would not have been using 100% oxygen as the Soviets had already found out tragically how dangerous this could be.

Apollo 9 went into Earth orbit. Apollo 10 actually flew to the moon and went within 15km of the surface. Conspiracy theorists never address any of this - typically they just use their imagination and their paranoia about authority/government and imagine up all sorts of rubbish.

If it took thousands of people to plan carefully to send humans to the moon and return them safely to Earth, how many would it have taken to make a "conspiracy" - not once, but six times? And yet, not ONE of the ppl supposedly involved has ever said it was fake.

I understand that ppl are naturally distrustful of those with power and especially governments and large corporations. I agree that ppl need to have healthy skepticism and always ask if decisions are being made for the greater good or just to serve the interests of those in power king the decisions. Open debate is necessary for a healthy organised civil society. Energies should be directed usefully. Just making up stuff with no useful end, such as claiming humans haven't landed on the moon ... Surely, there could be real conspiracies around that ppl could be focusing their energies on? There is a huge amount of factual evidence that humans landed on the moon - there is only speculation and misidrection that says that they didn't.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Actually the cold war was fake. Now we have the "War on Terror" to take its place.
    I see what you mean about the war on terror, like the war on drugs. And I can see what you mean by "now we have the war on terror to take its place"

You do believe that the governments of the US and USSR had a "cold war" though right? Or do you think the whole thing was orchestrated by the super elite or extra-terrestrials? Or were you just referring to how a portion of our elected/appointed officials used the "red scare" to control WASP's and persecute progressives?

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    SebG -

I've come to find that many people here believe that the governments of every country is carefully controlled by a group of powerful people (or aliens). They also think that credible scientific work is only done by people outside of the peer-review process and presented on youtube.

In short, your wasting your time.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by happyjourney View Post
    maybe we should ask you. I'd suspect you have more inside government connections than the rest of us.
    dude, I think he's implying that you are a g-man, maybe even an et. Your covers blown.

LOL, I see what you mean. I have an engineering background so sometimes rant on when it appears ppl don't understand or even have an inkling of scientific method. (Apparently a scarily and extraordinarily high number of US school leavers and even university graduates don't understand what causes the seasons - hopefully the seasons are not a government-controlled or alien-controlled conspiracy as well). I always hope I am not wasting my time but when it is so transparent that I am a g-man then I guess I should just spend my g-sponsored time looking at armbar videos on youtube. Your taxpayer dollars hard at work.

Array

School
    SIMS / 10th Planet Omaha
    An interesting thing about studying the various sciences in college, is you are taught what is a valid source and what is not. (not youtube)
    College sciences also teach you the methods that lead to answers. So that you can know how and why FOR YOURSELF.
    How and Why for yourself, INSTEAD OF sifting though youtube videos and randomly choosing the ones that already fit your beliefs. That is how to choose a religion, not come to a scientific conclusion.
    This is why you should stay in school, kids.

Array

School
    Imaginary 10th Planet Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by SebG View Post
    I am confused by the conspiracy theorists.

Who installed the laser reflectors used for accurate distance measurements ever since?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_L...ing_experiment
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ts_on_the_Moon

Who landed the lunar landers that have been seen recently by modern lunar fly bys?
    http://www.space.com/12796-photos-ap...sites-lro.html

Where did the giant 110m tall Saturn 5 rockets go after the whole world watched them take off? Did the Russians not follow these rockets via radar to see where they went?

It seems to me that actual engineers and scientists are comfortable in the knowledge that the moon landings took place more or less in accordance with the official histories. It seems to me that those who don't accept this knowledge smoke a lot of dope and/or don't understand science and engineering.
    This. It's one of the dumbest theories out there IMO, backed up by questionable evidence at best.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast