Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Complete Jiu-Jitsu

Buying Home Mats

A friend and I are starting to train extra in my garage, and I want to look into some home mats. Ive heard the min space is 10'x10'. So I looked around at Dollamur, Zebra (super expensive), and Tiffin and found the cheapest (money is a big issue, not a lot of it :P) 10x10 space is a tiffin wrestling home use mat for $375. But dolllamur (who I think is a better brand) has a 5x10 flexi-roll mat for $229. Which should I go with? Should I suck it up and train on smaller mats for cheaper cost or spend the extra $145 and go with the bigger space? Also if you guys know of any other cheap mats that you think are better, feel free to let me know cause I'm open for all suggestions! Thanks!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I'll never buy Tiffin mats every again, they're incompetent and the worst customer service I've delt with in a long time. Sent mats all different sizes (they didn't even go though quality control before shipped) and they where months late. Screwed up the order and took forever to send the right ones.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Delaware Barbell Club & Fitness BJJ
    i have tiffin mats , ordered some extra pieces they sent the wrong color , had to drive down there to get them to get it right , but overall a pretty good mat , i have 2" thick mats and a total of 12' x 14' ,
    for those looking for puzzle mats instead i suggest Cageside mma which has 1'' think puzzle mats 10 x 10 total space per set

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    this might interest you,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehb7tfvrXe8

Also dont forget craigslist, I got a $426 mat for $70.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Also check out ebay, I got my Dollamur rollups 10 X 10 for $300 with shipping. Its two 5 X 10's couple years back.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Honestly Rener rarely has anything to say worth videoing, and I would never normally subject anyone to his condescending ramblings, but about home made mats he is truly in his element:

Array

School
    Complete Jiu-Jitsu
    Thanks Chris, I've heard similar things about tiffin which is why I was leary of getting them lol and honestly I'm a huge Gracie Academy fan, and have seen the mat making video and considered it but I need something less permanent. Totally gonna go with that idea when I can open my own school though!

Array

School
    Ronin
    We used Dollamur roll up mats before we got space at the TKD school. Great mats, and they put up with being rolled up and moved between my basement and my buddy's garage week after week. When the pole barn is built I'm going with Dollamur for the grappling area.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Getrung.com has a 10x10 tatami puzzle mats for $249 or $299.We used the for yeas before we got our dollumar mats.Now we use them for crossfit and we drop kettle bells and bumper weights and they are still holding strong. I think theyare 5 yrs old.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    We have used Dollamur flexi-rolls for many years in our university club and now in our regular gym. They have been a great investment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast