Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ok, so I'll get run off this site soon now. Children, and at age 13 it is still a child, are not fully developed and the ingestion of cannabinoids will not assist in their development. MOre specifically, a child the age of 13 shouldn't be smoking anything period, damaging to the lungs.

At age 13, this child has now smoked weed and drank moonshine. WIll it kill him, probably not, but will it aid in his develpment? lets not think about physical development only, but his mental development as well. From someone who has spent many years of his life working with troubled youth, this is not boon to good development.

Simply put, adults can make informed choices, children do not. As the responsible party (the adult), you helped a child engage in illegal behavior and made an agreement to lie about it. Sounds wrong in my book everyday. I don't think weed should be illegal, but I don't think minors should be using it.

"His parents give him everything he wants and they give him a lot of money so he got some pretty good bud." Sound like enablers, but I don't know them. Just an observation from your statement.

"The problem is that he told his parents and now they think i'm the one who influenced him to smoke and it looks like i'm the bad guy." Your the adult and he is the minor, in some states this is considered a violation of law - something akin to corruption of minors or contributing to the delinquincy of minor.

"He ratted out everything, he said that i bought it for him and i smoked with him all the time. The real truth is that he bought it and he smokes more than me because he always has money for it." Wouldn't have occurred if you weren't involved.

I had to lie to my mom and a lot of my family and now they know the truth that i wanted to say but i told my cousin i wouldn't tell. What should i do? "tell the family, so they know the entire extent of his possible addiction or problem or series of lies. Where there is smoke there is fire, there may be more going on than you know. If you withhold this information and something happened, how could you live with yourself. Wll he be mad and maybe call you a snitch - sure he is a kid. Doing the right thing is never the easy thing. Beprepared for them to blame you, disbelieve your story, and make excuses for their child. They may call into question your history, be prepared for it. No one likes to receive bad news.

I am not a psychologist, a preacher, or a drug and alcohol therapist, but I have stayed at a holiday inn before. I believe that adults should attempt to always set a positive example for children. It is hard to do, and I can't say that I always do it, but I do try to. Can't tell you how many kids or adults I have interviewed have blamed their cool uncles, brothers, cousins, or friends for their misbegotten youth. They always ask me the same question, why didn't they stop me?

do your own due diligence. just some quick links

http://norml.org/laws/penalties/item/florida-penalties

http://parentingteens.about.com/od/p...bled-Teens.htm

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=...%2C39&as_vis=1

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    its not ratting to come clean in this case. You need to take a long term view of this situation. Your cousins just a kid, he ratted cause hes a scared kid, he doesnt deserve any hate for it.

Array

School
    extreme MMA
    Well then there going to hate me because i have dirt on all of them, even my cousin that ratted me out. In the words of Denzel Washington- "Its not what you know,its what you can prove!"lol. I'm not losing any sleep over it. I'm just pissed because my mom is really upset and i kept my word on not telling on him and he went bejhind my back and completely twisted the story to make me look like the "enabler" I know i'm a good person and i know i'm not perfect. Thanks guy's. I'm sure i'll be laughing at this with my cousin and his parents years from now and it will all blow over. Peace and thanks again for the input.

Jiu Jitsu people are the realest, down to earth,truthful people on the planet. I love it!

Sam Sales

I have to say, as a parent, if I found out that you as an adult of my family had been smoking weed with my child, I would beat your ass.
    I smoke weed every day myself, but it is not for the young developing mind of a child IMO. Should only ever be given to a child for medical reasons. Even then, most certainly not with tobacco. :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    your a 21 year old man. How can you be mad at a child for this?

Array

School
    extreme MMA
    I'm not mad at my cousin at all, i'm just upset that he didn't tell the truth about anything. he just hurried up and gave his twisted side of the story to make him look innocent. If anything i'm mad at his parents for being the bad influence and they act like they're angels. They smoke weed and don't seem to mind when there son gets drunk but when someone else smoked a little green that HE bought all the sudden i'm the bad guy. oh well.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    My thoughts on this
    - I think you were in the wrong to smoke with him, because he is so young.
    - I don't think it's your responsibility to "rat him out" to his parents for smoking weed unless it's becoming a problem for him to function.
    - His parents have issues if they don't mind their 13 year old getting drunk.

And I think David Rosado's post was basically how I feel about it. (post #7)

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Dude, you keep winning about how he is spoiled and shit, but you're a grown ass man. Kids are going to act like kids, so don't put yourself in situations like this. And don't whine about it afterwards.

Just man up and apologize to his parents and let the five fall as they will on how he grows up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12