Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa, CA

*Video* Subleague 19 Jan 2013 -

So recap incase you missed it last week. Got the call last week that if I wanted to compete at Subleague I would have to move up to the open ended weight class where one of the other competitors out weighed me by 60 pounds (150 vs 209). I decided to put my big girl panties on and compete.
    I ended up taking 2nd overall. I had two subs (Armbar and an Americana), a Draw, and a loss in the 1st place tiebreaker match.

The first minute sucks. Sorry. I was really worried about the take down, and even when I had a chance to take her back, I didnt commit...frankly I was a bit scared (I will be honest!)

Array

School
    Oh, and thats my hubby taking video...he gets excited!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Bad ass! It's always awesome watching the 10P ladies compete, it's like their attention to detail is better than some of the guys sometimes because they consistently have to have good technique because they're dealing with men who are most likely bigger and stronger In the Gym. Awesome Job Rachael. Keep up the unreal work! That armbar was slick.

Array

School
    Thanks John. I am glad I competed. There was four of us in the bracket (pool format) so I got 4 good rolls (including the tiebreaker match). I left there feeling good about where I am at with my Jitz, but ofcourse I also left there with a list of things I want to do better.

Array

School
    Hoy's Martial Arts Pedro Sauer Ohio
    Awesome. Great match and great win!

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    That was brilliant! Your side control was really impressive given how much bigger than you she was and the way you kept hunting the arm was really good too!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Kaulig View Post
    So recap incase you missed it last week. Got the call last week that if I wanted to compete at Subleague I would have to move up to the open ended weight class where one of the other competitors out weighed me by 60 pounds (150 vs 209). I decided to put my big girl panties on and compete.
    I ended up taking 2nd overall. I had two subs (Armbar and an Americana), a Draw, and a loss in the 1st place tiebreaker match.

The first minute sucks. Sorry. I was really worried about the take down, and even when I had a chance to take her back, I didnt commit...frankly I was a bit scared (I will be honest!)

Dope match Rachael!! congrats.. Hey there's a lil trick I learned from Shields, during my brief stint in SF area. Since you had the back and you were both standing, jump to her calves, and keep a seat belt around her waist. this will pull her backward to her butt. then you just go to work from there.

If you need an example of what I am describing, I'll find a video somewhere online.
    take care. -slk

Array

School
    Rick-
    I googled but couldn't find what I think you are talking about. If you come across some video, I'd love to see it. Either way, thanks for the feedback.
    Rachael

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McLaren View Post
    That was brilliant! Your side control was really impressive given how much bigger than you she was and the way you kept hunting the arm was really good too!
    Thanks. I thought I would get the Americana but she started grabbing MY rashguard... I'll take the Armbar any day!

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Fantastic trip. You have been developing that take down for a long time now. Excellent control on top with constant pressure. Great job Rachael. Let Scott know he did great as a corner as well. Fantastic family effort. 10pSpokane represent
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast