Sam Sales

Ricky Hatton doing Jiu Jitsu with Paul Sass. Epic! :-)

So Ricky Hatton has been helping Paul with his boxing. Paul has shown him a thing or 2 on the ground. So cool.
    Pic from Pauls fb. :-)

Sam Sales

Cool write up -

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-...medium=twitter

The Hitman meets The Sassangle: Ricky Hatton trains MMA with British UFC star Paul Sass...

Former World Champion boxer Ricky Hatton was today training in mixed martial arts with top UK Ultimate Fighting Championship fighter Paul Sass at Ricky’s gym in Hyde, near Manchester.

Recently retired, Ricky has previously expressed interest in getting involved in MMA and so the UFC star from Liverpool, took Ricky through his paces showing him the art of grappling and submission techniques which Sass is renowned for.

Ricky also showed Paul some boxing moves ahead of his big fight against American, Danny Castillo, at the upcoming UFC event at Wembley Arena, London on Saturday 16th February.

Ricky Hatton said: "I’ve only just started becoming a fan of the UFC and today's session made me realise I don't know as much as I thought about MMA. I don't think I could be successful in UFC, but my boxing style was very close so it was similar.

"It was great to have Paul and the UFC down here. Boxing can learn a lot from the UFC on how they market their fighters, and the events are great, they really bang the drum with it. I could learn a lot as a promoter from them."

Paul Sass said: “It'd shock the world if I won by knockout, it would be great if I did after this training session.

"I learnt a lot from Ricky today, just moving to the side and coming back with a stronger shot really makes a difference, I'm definitely going to practise these techniques with my trainers.

"Ricky picked [the Jiu Jitsu] up really quickly, it feels strange to be on the floor at the beginning but you get used to it.

"It's not every day you can say you've been training with Ricky Hatton, it's really been an honour to come down to his gym today."

The pair put each other through their paces with Ricky handing out some advice to Paul following a pads and shadow boxing session, whilst Sass showed the former champion how to perform his signature triangle move.

The UFC is the premier mixed martial arts organisation, and it return’s to London next month is anticipated to be another sell-out event. The event will be the fifth time the UFC has come to London since its conception in 1993, the first being back in July 2002 with UFC 38: Brawl at the Hall which was held at the iconic Royal Albert Hall.

Since that first event, there have been four events held at the 02 Arena, most recently with sell-out crowds to see UFC 120: Bisping vs. Akiyama. This will be the first time the UFC has ever brought a show to Wembley Arena.

Andrew T

That's awesome. Do you think the Hitman will ever get in the octagon? It would be cool if he just started training 10pjj after his boxing career. High level striking can do serious damage to the body long term but you can grapple 100% every day til you're an old man.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    dope