Does anyone else find the irony in

Train Fight Win?
    Only if your referring to Texas FW. If not, then get it I do not

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Believe it or not, the guy actually gives credit to Eddie:

http://trainfightwin.com/component/o...&layout=detail

However, he totally rewrites jiu-jitsu history by essentially claiming that grapplers weren't successful in implementing the 10th planet system, due to its emphasis on flexibility.

Specifically, "Eddie Bravo revolutionized the sport with his use of the Rubber Guard and the Twister Side Control, but few people were able to utilize it due to the extreme flexibility that it required. We have taken that system and combined it with some of our own techniques and modified it so that anyone can use this incredible guard game and side control position."

Anyone who knows jack shit about 10th Planet or Eddie wouldn't fall for this bullshit.

It's possible that some people are so out of the loop with things that they could fall for this guy's highly inferior technique, but anyone with a basic internet connection would probably be able to figure it out.

At the end of the day, it is a "free market" out there, but the product he is offering is shite. Straight up.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    Has anyone emailed the guy who made the videos? Does this guy not realize that there is a thing called GOOGLE...?

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Its funny because, It is, because of this guys videos that I got turned onto 10th Planet

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Kelso View Post
    blahblah

Think of it like this.

Teaching BJJ is teaching a style of martial arts but if I were to charge money and say I'm teaching Gracie JJ, or Ceaser Gracie JJ, that's profiting off of a name.
    You can open up an electronics store, but when you call it best buy, then you might have issues.

If he were implementing stuff into his own system that would be acceptable, but as people have said, he is calling is rubber guard and from what some of the more skilled people on here have said, his rubber guard is not on par with what you would expect someone teaching it to have.

Which means 1, it can be dishonest profiting off of half assed version of techniques, and 2, it can lead to that whole "suddenly I'm a bad ass people can't mess with" persona.
    Which usually just gets people hurt.

So, he's profiting off of a name, he's teaching things poorly, and he is giving no credit to Eddie.

Also,
    Last time I checked, Eddie has personally thanked the Gracie family on countless occasions.

Array

School
    Gracie University

Oh, just saw where he gave credit, other points still stand however.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    This kid remind me of the kid in that one show back in the day with Tim "the toolman"...something like that... i'm getting too old to remember....

anyways.. at first I was like ok he's doing the rubber guard, the word is spreading more...then I found that he is selling his dvd of 10thplanet stuff... I was like... OH thats F...ck up!!!!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell C View Post
    Think of it like this.

Teaching BJJ is teaching a style of martial arts but if I were to charge money and say I'm teaching Gracie JJ, or Ceaser Gracie JJ, that's profiting off of a name.
    You can open up an electronics store, but when you call it best buy, then you might have issues.

If he were implementing stuff into his own system that would be acceptable, but as people have said, he is calling is rubber guard and from what some of the more skilled people on here have said, his rubber guard is not on par with what you would expect someone teaching it to have.

Which means 1, it can be dishonest profiting off of half assed version of techniques, and 2, it can lead to that whole "suddenly I'm a bad ass people can't mess with" persona.
    Which usually just gets people hurt.

So, he's profiting off of a name, he's teaching things poorly, and he is giving no credit to Eddie.

Also,
    Last time I checked, Eddie has personally thanked the Gracie family on countless occasions.
    His Rubber Guard and Twister isn't on par with my white belts.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    This kid remind me of the kid in that one show back in the day with Tim "the toolman"...something like that... i'm getting too old to remember....

anyways.. at first I was like ok he's doing the rubber guard, the word is spreading more...then I found that he is selling his dvd of 10thplanet stuff... I was like... OH thats F...ck up!!!!!!
    Home Improvement?

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Hamilton View Post
    Home Improvement?
    i dont think so tim

but really which kid did he remind u of bruce?

Anyway is there something we can do to make sure people know the difference between what he is showing and what real techinque is? because imo, it is people like this idiot that is stopping more people in the bjj society to accept 10th planet technique. they learn bad techniques of these guys and of course it doesnt work. then its bad publicity for us and bigoted negativity towards the system.

id rather have less people doing it right than everyone doing it wrong.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast