Array

School
    Going Rogue Again

Mission Control- She Passed to half guard, what now?

i was rolling with this girl at my first mma class last week, i threw up mission control for the first time and she was trapped solid. being a noob, i forgot to keep my right knee tight to her side and she passed that leg. i didnt know what to do from there other than the omoplata, so i panicked and went to half instead. what would have been a good thing to do?
    thanks in advance guys.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    It's a situation where you have to be quick. If the arm isn't zombied, zombie it. Then clear the neck, and go for the Carni. If you haven't got the MTRG book, I highly recommend it

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Karim-Graham View Post
    i was rolling with this girl at my first mma class last week, i threw up mission control for the first time and she was trapped solid. being a noob, i forgot to keep my right knee tight to her side and she passed that leg. i didnt know what to do from there other than the omoplata, so i panicked and went to half instead. what would have been a good thing to do?
    thanks in advance guys.
    If they stuff the leg and you can't zombie or don't already have the hand to the mat you might as well just work your half guard cause its hard to recover rg at that point. Being that was your first Mission Control it'll prob happen again and again. It'll be a good reminder to CLINCH everything super tight though just keep at it and keep putting in the reps
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    yeah i already zombied, but hadnt cleared the neck, was stalling for a second to enjoy and get used to the new position lol. i didnt expect it to work as well as it did, at least until i ledt my leg get passed. yeah i got the MTRG book and dvd set from a friend, still working my way through them though.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Well if the hand is on the mat, definitely the Carni all day.

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    if they block the leg with their forearm and try to force it to the ground, sometimes i manage to cross my ankles with their forearm still in it where i can work my leg up it until i can set up a triangle. it seems to work alright if ya haven't cleared the head but have trapped the arm

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    The easiest thing for me to do is just to regroup, gain the overhook with my left arm, push off of their incoming with knee/hip with my right hand, shrimping onto my ride side, regain guard, go back to mission control. If it goes too far, I secure the lockdown before they complete their pass.

The Carni is ideal, but it took me awhile before I had it drilled enough to hurriedly slap it on when somebody was passing my leg while in Mission Control.

I'll let someone pass my leg as a bait. From mission control with the hand to the mat, it's easier to clear the head if you move a liitle bit to the side (rubber guard leg side). When they are trying to pass, they move to the side for me. I quickly kung fu move and go to carni. You have to work the timing, but it's pretty sneaky.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    I say halfguard.