Array

School
    Gracie University

"Mission Control" Stretches?

Hello, Is there any stretches that would help my flexibility in mission control? . Thanks...

Array

School
    Gracie Floripa North Shore
    What I do at home is stack a pile of pillows and do the proper motions of the rubber guard. Try stacking 3-4 big ones and you should feel your body stretching.
    That and the stretches described in jiu-jitsu unleashed and mastering the rubber guard. They are pretty good. Try double lotus!

Array

School
    na
    work on getting your heels to your ballsack in butterfly stretch...you know what just find the stretches from the mastering the rubber guard book.. really focus on stretching your hips knees ankles and lower back ALOT

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    my favourite for mission control type stretches. is going in single lotus position and then grabbing your other shin and pulling it to your chest. it really pulls those butt muscles and hamstrings which help. you have your butterfly stretches. u ahve just doing the rubberguard as tight as possible. whole bunch of things. tbh any legs stretches will help you with rubber guard. its how much time u put in it that will make the difference.

best thing that happened for ym flexibility was doing what master eddie suggested and stretching everywhere. watching tv. hanging with friends. its amazing

Sam Sales

:-)

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Thank you all for helping me out! I'm glad to see that the 10th planet Jiu Jitsu family members care to help each other!