Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC Card

Array

School
    Sbardella MMA/Black Tie BJJ

UFC Card

What did everyone think of the fights tonight? Was worried about Rousey for a minute, glad she pulled it off though.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Awesome performance! Completely made up for the Hendo vs Machida fight. What the hell was that?!

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    Ronda is a beast. She may well be the best finisher in all of MMA, man or woman. I thought she was in strife when Liz was cranking on her jaw as that is one painful position to be in but she showed true heart. Once she got in spider web I said to my wife it is all over.

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    That face crusher looked painful, I think I would have tapped! Ronda has heart, and boy, once she has that arm, you ain't getting it back for shit!

Hendo Machida was a drag. Machidas defensive style almost lost him that fight. If Hendo hasn't done shit in the last 2 mins he may have scraped it.

I enjoyed Faber and Menjivar too, that judo throw in the first 30 seconds was dope. Seems like that judo side control is easy to be swept from with the ease Faber swept him. Made me worry about Ronda! Fabers back mount was dope too.

All in all I thought it was a pretty decent card and I was more excited about this than I have been for any card in a while bar Aldo Edgar.

Array

School
    Sbardella MMA/Black Tie BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McLaren View Post
    Ronda is a beast. She may well be the best finisher in all of MMA, man or woman. I thought she was in strife when Liz was cranking on her jaw as that is one painful position to be in but she showed true heart. Once she got in spider web I said to my wife it is all over.
    For sure! I was waiting for the Arm Crush or the Douchebag to be honest. - But she pulled it off. What a beast

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    Awesome performance! Completely made up for the Hendo vs Machida fight. What the hell was that?!
    Standard Runchida fight. I have always found him extremely frustrating (boring) to watch. Some people like that sit and wait style, I'm just not one of them.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Machida fought smart. Disapointed Dan was so predictable. All Machida had to do to win was avoid Dan's right hand, Dan could have helped himself a lot by perhaps throwing a tad more than just the one technique.

Rhonda needs to learn to respect the underhook or she gonna give her back up again n again.

Pleased to see Robbie Lawler back in the mix. Wonder if Kos will get cut now.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Sbardella View Post
    For sure! I was waiting for the Arm Crush or the Douchebag to be honest. - But she pulled it off. What a beast
    yeah if Eddie shows her the Arm Crush & Triangle from spider web chicks will be so worried about there arm that they won't see that shit comming, I saw Eddie do the triangle from spider web now that's my go too

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    Do you guys think if Ronda had attempted the arm crush last night Liz would have tapped?

I guess what I'm asking is, can you break the arm from the arm crush or is it a pain move? A bit like the RNC is a choke and the face crush Liz had on Ronda, Ronda just gutted out.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    You can do all sorts of damage with a bicep slicer/arm crush.

It depends on angles but anything from seperated elbow to numerous ligament/tendon damage to breaking the forearm itself.

Whether someone taps to that or guts it out is down to them, much like tapping or gutting out a nailed on armbar.

Most people willing to gut it out will find a way to straighten their arm, which is where the beauty in the arm crush lies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast