Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Gracie University

Help with the Anaconda.

I'm still new to Master Eddie's style. So, when I have never trained taking the back and putting in a anaconda. But, when I do it in training my buddy will always roll to the side that I have my feet anaconda'ed on. So I try to like follow him to go to "the sheik". But, then my feet get into like a really bad twist so I usually end up loosing the position. Am I supposed to go to the sheik when that happens and I'm just doing something wrong. Or do I just do something else? I tried to look on my mastering the twister and I looked under the "techniques" tab but couldn't find on what to do when that happens. Eddie just talked once about putting it in I believe it was episode 8 with the m1 pass to knee on the belly to taking the guys back when he rolls away to pulling him on you to butterflying the near leg transitioning to truck the calf crank. I really tried to research befor eposting. Feel free to reply but you don't have to by any means. Thanks Guys!!! 10P4L

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    when you lock in the body triangle & your partner shifts his weight to the locked side, he can pop your ankle. in the ''middle'' of his movement switch your lock to the opposite side. & if he rolls again switch it again

Array

School
    Gracie University
    So just keep switching while I work the choke or Truck transition?

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox
    Conda Switch or when you go for the Iron Sheik don't follow him so much as let your opponent attempt to turn away. Control the entire movement with your underhook so they do not continue the roll onto your ankle. Also, get the Mastering the Twister book.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    You could always ditch the hook and grape vine the leg

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrichmondJJ View Post
    Yes. When you anaconda, you don't want your leg/foot near the floor. Either go back to hooks or switch the triangle. And never let go of the seatbelt until you're ready to make your next move.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    All sound advice!

Dave I see work related stuff is going awesome for ya on FB, where ya been training and hows it going?

Me and the guys miss ya brotha, hope ya can make it back for a training session or 2 in the near future!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrichmondJJ View Post
    yeah, if you keep countering his movement he will eventually give up.

The body triangle is a great control, but for me personally when a guy is really turning hard and forcing that switch i like to just go back to a traditional hook because the hooks allow you to monitor his movement and even dig in to stop his turn. Then when he settles down you can go back to the anaconda. This is just me, because im not really fast at switching the body lock side to side.

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Thank you guys I've been training everything thing you said. I know only sheik if they r rolling to the opposite side of my anaconda. Other wose I use the seat belt to pull them back to the other side or switch anacondas! 10P4L

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast