Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UFC Card

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    Rhonda needs to learn to respect the underhook or she gonna give her back up again n again.
    Yeah, I was surprised that Carmouche didn't go for the ol' reach-around wrist control on Ronda's attacking arm from that position. She did it when they were on their feet while she was defending the judo throw, but then she stopped when it hit the mat. Even if she couldn't sneak out the back, she could have reversed Ronda if she had the right control.

That scarf hold without the underhook is a big no-no in San Fran. Only one of our guys can get away with it, and only because he is both strong and stubborn.

Did anyone else notice the upkick to the tit? Will they have to institute a new rule about that?

Array

School
    10th planet north dallas
    I would of tapped to that face choke..

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    The rear naked knee bar was brilliant, dennis the menace has more gas than kuwait, Lawler looked scary, Ronda was amazing, machida is a great dancer
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Rear naked knee bar?!?!? I totally missed this

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gates View Post
    Rear naked knee bar?!?!? I totally missed this
    It was on the facebook fights - Kenny Robertson against Brock Jardine. I think it got Sub of the night? Regardless, it was pretty cool and it was something I've never seen it before.

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    The rear naked knee bar was brilliant...
    A write up of that submission:
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/2/24...suloev-stretch

Hopefully there will be a Gracie Breakdown from this event. Lot's to talk about.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    The rear naked knee bar was brilliant

Not a great video but you'll get the idea

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I cant understand how people think machida is boring. Controlling distance, timing, footwork that's martial arts fundamentals. You guys think bruce lee would be boring or call him a dancer too? I can see two idiots swing like hell at each other on youtube. Only reason he can have the style he does is because of the awesome threat of his strikes.

I dont see the rear naked aspect of that knee bar? Can someone help, looked like a knee bar from the back mount to me.

Ronda is tough, tough any man, tougher than most!

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Machida doesnt seem concerned about having exciting fights. Whether thats right or wrong is debatable.

Honestly I thought Dan was more the reason that fight looked the way it did. I cant remember ever seeing such a high profile fight where one guy not only has just 1 way to win but 1 technique. Combinations Dan. Learn some.

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    In order to be a defensive fighter you have to have an offensive fighter trying to strike. If you put Machida vs Machida it would be two men standing and waiting on the other to "do something". I find that boring. If you like that style I'm not one to judge you.

From an entertainment perspective (which is what the UFC is to ME), I'd rather watch paint dry.

John Fitch is a great example of a really really good fighter that just simply isn't entertaining to watch (to most people). That's doesn't equate to "bad fighter" just "boring".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12