Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow

Help with jiu jitsu spats/tights and gi pants

Hey guys, during all of my bjj studies I have been wearing mma shorts as most do. However, lately I have read about a wealth of benefits of wearing jiu jitsu tights and / or gi pants.

What approach would people recommend ( one of the above or both together )

What brand do we all like.

I have seen the 10th planet ones n like them but I don't wanna buy them just yet as iv not had a chance to train any 10th pjj yet and don't wanna be the guy who shows up to the gym with the gear but no knowledge of the system ( other than the basic rubber guard path as far as jiu claw )

Also, I'm based in the uk so stuff that could be sourced here would help

David

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    I use them primarily for protection from mat-herpes. The grip factor is also a good thing but I just like to have my legs and feet covered. Im weird though haha. Grip wise they help with your lockdown and half guard. I have the melee 10th planet ones and I'm gonna get the newer 10thp ones soon. Cant go wrong with either tights or gi pants. Get em both and try em out.
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    I've always preferred tights over gi pants because it allows more movement. My gi pants can get tight in certain positions but that could also be because I'm a girl wearing guy pants so they are not made for my body type. As for tights, I have found that cotton ones work better than spandex/ones that feel like rashguard material. Those get slippery when exposed to sweat so you have to work harder to hold guard if that is your game. The cotton ones give more traction so you can hold things easier like you can with gi pants.

My boyfriend prefers gi pants so it really is personal preference. Like Trez said, it can't hurt to grab one of each and test them out.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I have been wearing scramble spats and they are slick so I find I have to squeeze tighter.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    I've always loved short shorts, like an inch or two above the knee. Spats are nice, but I would never wear just them because I would be ribbed about it too much. Gi pants can get in the way, unless you get skinny jeans version but those tend to make it harder to move. Whenever I wear gi pants, I always hike the pants up quite a bit before I start/

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg, Ministry Of Martial Arts , Raleigh UK
    I've just recently bought a pair of gi pants from Sprawl (gi-flex 2) and I highly recommend them ,they deliver to the UK and are practically just long fight shorts . They have a stretchy material at the groin so you don't get the constricting feeling that you sometimes do when wearing standard gi pants and they have a much more secure waistband than standard cotton gi pants . Having never trained in tights I can't really say much in comparison to them, but I would definitely recommend that you look into the gi-flex pants.

Array

School
    Team AMMA
    I've got both the Scramble and Strike Fightwear tights. Initially had problems with the seams on the Scramble ones, but the new camo ones have internal seams and seem to be a lot better. Scrambles customer service was also awesome.

I wear them for the hygiene factor and get more grip than bare legs.
    www.twitter.com/totalpac

www.totalpackagepromotions.net
    Don't stop dreaming just cause you wake

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    I have two pairs of scramble spats and the seems tear easy,Nike pro combat they hold too much moisture, pony grappling club spats have wide leg cuffs,and a thin band but very solid, Virus has some good spats.As far as Gi pants Phalanx is the shit Eddie wears them.so take that for what it's worth

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    You can get KimuraWear compression pants on Amazon.com for $19.99 right now, but they are in limited sizes. KimuraWear is not planing on dealing with Amazon.com in the future so they are liquidating at dropped prices. They normally sell for $70, so you might want to jump on it.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Excellent. Thanks for all the input and suggestions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast