Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur

De La Riva & Reverse DLR Guard References

I've been using DLR and RDLR guard a lot recently, my sweeps are pretty good now but I dont have many. Online there's not many that can be used nogi. Does anyone know websites, books, vids, dvds, or anything that could help??
    Thanks!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    TTT for answers for The Roach, as my DLR game is basically non-existent.

The best you will find or eventually will find is on mendes brothers online but bost of the stuff is Gi dependent right now on the site but thats kind of how De La Riva is anyway, they like going Spiral/Reverse more No Gi

The best free stuff on Spiral on the net is this video

This link from the Jiu Jitsu Lab breaks the video down to smaller parts for certain sweeps

http://thejiujitsulab.wordpress.com/...se-de-la-riva/

Array

School
    none
    if you could pull them off quickly couldn't you just grab their whole hand or wrist?

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Im gonna come up there and show you what I know. Not the best, but Im successfull. Its crucial imo.

Quote Originally Posted by happyjourney View Post
    if you could pull them off quickly couldn't you just grab their whole hand or wrist?
    The wrist is a good grip, just isn't the same as the sleeve grip, a big part of de la riva is the belt grab

Lots of good RDLR stuff for no-gi.

DLR not so much. The best DLR guys in no-gi usually invert through for the x-guard or they simply use the DLR to come up on the single leg.

There's a lot more no-gi options from RDLR. Arm drags, over head sweeps, dragon kiss to the back, Terra sweeps, tripod sweeps, omoplatas.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    Lots of good RDLR stuff for no-gi.

DLR not so much. The best DLR guys in no-gi usually invert through for the x-guard or they simply use the DLR to come up on the single leg.

There's a lot more no-gi options from RDLR. Arm drags, over head sweeps, dragon kiss to the back, Terra sweeps, tripod sweeps, omoplatas.
    There are tons.

The best sweep 2 moves I hit from De La Riva are the back take where you stretch the De La Riva hook to the other leg, swing the other leg behind the knee and get the back

Also, when they try and take the hook off or mess with the other leg the tripod sweep is always there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast