Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Team Hammer/ 10th Planet Allentown
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    4-6 weeks for full recovery. Chill out for a while and arnica gel for circulation and inflamation. Depending on how bad it is, you might have a ptotrusion. I call it cauliflower rib. Anytime cartilage gets damaged it gets deformed. This happened to me twice and almost every jj guy I know.

I find it is a core issue. Either your core isn't strong enough to support your structural integrity or you weren't engaging it properly at the time. Keeping your core engaged is crucial. Flexibility can also be an issue, but it happens to them too.
    Arnica Gel...is that pretty much like Artic ease? I'm going to get some today and see how it works. So far the worst pain has been getting up and out of bed and sometimes when it randomly pops in and out of place.

How long did it take before you could do some light workouts? Jogging, core exercises, etc.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Kaulig View Post
    I did not bandage.

Just wait until you sneeze! Ouch!
    felt like death bro, I think I was stuck in the position I was sitting in for a good 10 minutes after I sneezed

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wallace View Post
    I agree with everyone above. You can probably do really light drilling , depending on your pain tolerance, after 2 weeks, but it's gotta be really controlled. I tore mine while turning the wrong way putting on a triangle and getting stacked. My core was very weak AND I'd had a chiropractic adjustment the day before. Found out that your ribs are very vulnerable after that for a few days until they settle. Wish I had known! Like a dumbass I did a tourney 3 days later and every mofo wanted to play knee on belly. Was a bad day!LOL!
    Yea I'm hoping to at least get some light workouts out in after a week or so. From everything I have been reading, probably gotta lay off rolling for a bit which sucks. We have 4 local tournaments in the next 8 weeks that I'm going to miss

Array

School
    Southeast US
    I was out 6 weeks from this a few years ago. Its the hardest injury to overcome because you can't do hardly anything to speed up the recovery except get in a therapy pool that jets water against you. I wish you the best recover man.

Array

School
    Infinite JJ
    I have been out 4 weeks already with same thing, it sucks....

Array

School
    10th Planet Enterprise
    I had this exact thing happen to me about a year ago when doing a swim move drill. Please learn from my mistake: I took a month off and it completely healed, but when I came back I immediately started rolling and it popped again. I decided to tough it out and a year later I still have pain from it. Because I tried to roll through it I got muscle knots in my back and had terrible pain for a long time. Its tolerable to roll, but it is torture in every day life. Heal enough!

Array

School
    10p Ronin
    How you feelin man?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Reed View Post
    How you feelin man?
    Getting better bro. I started lifting and drilling last week, I plan on being back officially tomorrow night for class w/ 10th Planet Allentown. It feels better, I only feel the ribs a bit in the mornings but thats all. Left a mark though. Looks like I have a mini tennis ball coming out at the end of ribs

When you coming down to Allentown?

Array

School
    Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone! Its been a little over 6 weeks now since the injury. Hoping to be back tomorrow night with 10th Planet Allentown and pick up where I left off

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Mine took 6 weeks, but it was more a tear where the muscle joined onto the ribcage. It sucks, but you have to give it the time it requires. Good luck this week with it, protect it and take it easy!

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast