Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow

Grappling Competition Rules

What are the rules that are followed for the Grappling comps you enter into .In general does everyone follow ADCC rules .Do the competitions you enter allow Spine Locks and Leg Locks?

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Actually most competition have started to shy away from leg, compression, spinal locks at least until Brown/Black belt level with heel hooks and the Twister (haters) always on the band list, for the sake of how dangerous they can be even when executed properly. A lot of organization adhere to IBJJF rules and regulations because of how organized it is, and it's emphasis on safety, While organizations like NAGA when competing No-Gi pretty much anything past the Beginner level is good to go. It really depends On what type of competition you are trying to do, but most organization go by IBJJF rules at least while in the Gi. I am probably leaving a lot of stuff out but I hope this helped. Oh yeah the basic rules, no biting, fishing hooking, striking, groin shots and no small joint minipulation I.E. wrist locks, twisting thumbs and shit.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    And reap the knee when ever possible.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa, CA
    All the tourny I have done (No-Gi) are either straight out of IBJJF or damn close to it.

http://www.ibjjf.org/rules.htm

Look at the rules for the Midwest submission challenge.

Array

School
    Griphouse, Glasgow, Scotland
    The two main one's in Scotland, Meat's comps and Rob's Vision ones use IBJFF rules, with the exception in Rob's that allows kneebars at all levels. He also changed the rules so that knee reaping was allowed unless it was being used to finish a submission, i.e, reaping the knee when applying an achilles lock.

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Thanks guys

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    anyone ever fought FILA rules?

on a slightly different tangent, probably had one of the worst organised tournaments ive heard of this week. their rules were weird, lots of other problems but are there many 3 minute matches in comps? im used to fighting 5-8 minutes. but anyway at this tournament, no one really had a grasp of the rules, a couple of fights stopped half way and the ref and the two coaches argued about what was allowed and what wasnt and how that affected the fight. to be fair they organisation didnt have any real refs, the refs were other guys rolling in the tournament that had experience and werent fighting at the time.

but yeah they used FILA, ive only heard of it a wee bit, seems slightly different to ibjjf but that just me,

i think my post sounds a bit outof it but im really confused about what was really going on last weekend so yeah, sorry ;D

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Most of the tournament by us are closer to adcc not ibjjf. Leg locks, neck cranks and spine locks are usually all legal. Occasionally they will be illegal in beginner/novice divisions, but legal in intermediate/advanced.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast