Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Poplar Bluff.
    I blew up the 10P flow chart diagram from the book to 12' x 8' and have it on the wall, under it I have 10) 2'x3' posterboards I had Office Depot make for me listing techniques and a quick description of the technique that I wrote. I also found another 1oth P flow chart on the internet and blew it up to 6' x 6' and put it on another wall, this really help the newer students understand the position and their options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Brick View Post
    I am in the process of putting move lists on my walls of my gym .

All the judo gyms I went to have it, so far I have up around 6-10 escapes from mount, side, judo side, twister side north south, back and like 10 variations of hook sweeps and warm up series.

Next is sweeps from lockdown and subs from rubber guard truck and spiderweb

My theory is you dont know how much you dont know but with a list people can come up and ask about specific moves or google them.

Its kinda like a cheat sheet.

Array

School
    I blew up the 10P flow chart diagram from the book to 12' x 8' and have it on the wall, under it I have 10) 2'x3' posterboards I had Office Depot make for me listing techniques and a quick description of the technique that I wrote. I also found another 1oth P flow chart on the internet and blew it up to 6' x 6' and put it on another wall, this really help the newer students understand the position and their options.

All the judo gyms I went to have it, so far I have up around 6-10 escapes from mount, side, judo side, twister side north south, back and like 10 variations of hook sweeps and warm up series.

My theory is you dont know how much you dont know but with a list people can come up and ask about specific moves or google them.

Array

School

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    AS SOON as you can, transition from learning single moves to thinking in long paths. Perfect example: Rubber guard path.
    Years ago I would have just been taught the gogoplata submission. But it is way better to learn Full guard>break posture>mission control>zombie>chill dog>kung fu> gogo. Start early thinking in long paths not single moves. Last night I challenged our team to run a real long path, even the new guys. It was very difficult for them and they were sloppy, but I want them to start thinking that way. We pretended we were RNC masters and love that finish. As soon as the guy was in our full guard we thought "I want to RNC this guy" and we launched on this long path. Break posture>mission control>zombie>chill dog>kung fu, jiu claw>DA>tister side> fish net>twister roll> to back control. What is the first thought in your mind when you get a guy in your guard? I wish I was taught this way from day ONE. I had to figure it out for myself. This is why I naturally gravitated to Eddies style of teaching, After years of being taught the arm bar from guard, RNC from back, and elbow escape in the same one hour class.

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    AS SOON as you can, transition from learning single moves to thinking in long paths. Perfect example: Rubber guard path.
    Years ago I would have just been taught the gogoplata submission. But it is way better to learn Full guard>break posture>mission control>zombie>chill dog>kung fu> gogo. Start early thinking in long paths not single moves. Last night I challenged our team to run a real long path, even the new guys. It was very difficult for them and they were sloppy, but I want them to start thinking that way. We pretended we were RNC masters and love that finish. As soon as the guy was in our full guard we thought "I want to RNC this guy" and we launched on this long path. Break posture>mission control>zombie>chill dog>kung fu, jiu claw>DA>tister side> fish net>twister roll> to back control. What is the first thought in your mind when you get a guy in your guard? I wish I was taught this way from day ONE. I had to figure it out for myself. This is why I naturally gravitated to Eddies style of teaching, After years of being taught the arm bar from guard, RNC from back, and elbow escape in the same one hour class.
    This is good advice. My teacher explains moves in this way, we do a couple transitions that usually lead to a submission, rather than learning a RNC or a Kimura. I find this a much easier way to learn submissions and sweeps as well as how to defend them. Especially helpful when you are just starting out, you learn how to get to the submission rather than knowing it and not knowing how to get there. Anyone can do a RNC, but how do you get to the back in the first place? Hope this helps.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Not a cheat sheet or flow chart but after I read this I started tapping people.

http://thebjjmind.com/2012/10/08/4-k...jitsu-success/

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    I wonder if anyone has ever blown up the 10P flow chart diagram from the book to 12' x 8' and had it on the wall?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I wish I would have learned drilling a lot sooner
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    When someone is tryin to hold ya down, like some lil queer. Get up. Just get up. Then bang. Get up, then bang. Do this and you'll be fine.

This is the advice I hear most often at fights and at Buffallo Wild Wings ppv's. They were wearing Tapout and Affliction tee's so they seemed pretty legit.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Up + bang = win.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast