Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How do you mentally prepare for a fight/tournament?

Hey guys! As some of ya know im getting ready for a pretty big super fight (atleast its big for me), physicallyi feel im always there its just the mental part that trips me up at times. I find that if i know i put the hard work and training in, mentally, im usually okay (: Any tips too keep the mind from going crazy under lots of adrenaline and pressure? I wanna hear how you guys keep yourselves sane under tourney and fight nerves! (:

Thnx, Gabby Bella

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I just focus on everything Ive done to get ready for the moment. All the training, studying, drilling. All the comps Ive already done and what Ive learned from them. Then I realize that anybody, who can potentially beat me, has done ALOT of the same. Now its time to test it again. And its all good.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Just think about the nerves a main event UFC fighter deals with. The media circus, the millions watching at home, the fear of getting knocked the fuck out in a cage on pay per view and endlessly on highlight reels. Now those are some nerves right thurr. At least you don't have to walk thru that fire
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

For me what helped me the most with my anxiety and stress is the Ryron Gracie attitude.

Just see your fights as another opportunity to learn and to further your understanding of Bjj. If you do that you can't lose.

Just my 2 cents, good luck!

I used to do stuff like listen to music to get pumped up, mentally recite inspiring quotes, imagining myself completely demolishing my opponents and visualizing victory and it always led me to being completely exhausted to the point where I felt so heavy that I could barely stand up by the time my match came along. So these past 2 tournaments, I've just treated it like another day in the gym having a hard roll with some beast and it's been a complete 180 for me. Hope this helps.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Gabby, have you ever read "The Art of Learning" bu Josh Waitzkin. He's a Marcelo Garcia Black Belt and Chess genius. He gives some awesome insight into how to prepare for competition and how to "build a trigger." Check it out.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    gabby you dont need mental preparation, you are a natural killer.

i stop having sex two weeks out like rickson does
    i listen to slayer and some dark shit that fires me up

I'm not a super successful competitor or anything but when the pressure is on i just...roll, I let training take over and turn the brain off. I tend to over think things and it fucks me up. So I just go out and roll. Like I said im not a super successful competitor like Ant Lopez or Red, but thats how I deal with stuff. I feel like if the training is there it will come out when i just roll.

Array

School
    10 Planet San Francisco
    I am ussually fine untill around 48 hours before a competition and I then i start getting nervous/overly excited. Just make sure you still manage to stay comfertable and get 8 hours of sleep. I like to do absolutely nothing the day/ 2 days before a competition. The night before If you start to feel restless make sure you stay off your phone/computer/tv/talking to friends. Lay down close your eyes try to sleep or atleast laydown and close your eyes you will eventually fall asleep. I find that If try to go on my phone or watch tv i end up getting no sleep. Those things are stimulants and wont help you sleep. Something that gives me peace of mind when i compete is knowing everyone is just a nervous as me or even more and going through the same stuff. Also when you are waiting to compete just relax and Lay down and wait for your name to be called. Nothing is worse to your performance than pacing around waiting to compete for 5 hours. Thats just my style though some people like to warm up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast