Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Response from both GSP and Hayabusa

Mar 25, 2013 7:27 PM EST
    On Sunday, UFC featherweight Chan Sung Jung, a Korean native, released a statement via Facebook, likening the rising sun image on the gi that UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre walked out in at UFC 158 to the Nazi swastika.

Both GSP and the gi manufacturer Hayabusa have offered apologies.
    Georges St-Pierre, Welterweight champion, UFC
    “I'd like to personally apologize to anyone who was offended by this,” St-Pierre wrote on Facebook. “I am very sorry, that was never my intention.”
    Craig Clement, President, Hayabusa Fightwear, went further, apologizing, and stating the gi would not be brought to market.
    Since Georges St-Pierre wore our walkout gi at UFC 158 we have received attention surrounding the negative connotation of the rising sun graphic used. The last thing we want is to offend or alienate anyone with the choice of design on our products.
    We at Hayabusa have the utmost respect for culture and history and appreciate all of our customers worldwide. As such, we accept full responsibility for this design and are taking all complaints and comments very seriously.
    The gi worn by GSP will not be brought to market. In addition, we will be very conscious of this specific design element when developing future communication materials and products.
    Please accept our sincerest apology for any offense this has caused.
    Last edited by Brent Smith; 03-25-2013 at 11:01 PM.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Spínola View Post
    The atomic bombings of the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan comes to mind...
    Not even close. Nevermind that many argue the bombing saved many lives all said and done and that japan was at war with the US. Look up some of the stuff the Japanese did to Korea and China.

Nixon bombed Cambodia, yes, and it was a fucked up thing to do but the Cambodia Campaigns were not a secret action or conspiracy.

GSP and Hayabusa apologize,
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/hayabusa-ap...ufc-158-attire
    Last edited by Aaron Gustaveson; 03-25-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    The reason Japan attacked us was because we embargoed their oil in the Pacific, it was either attack us or they couldn't maintain their military expansion.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    The reason Japan attacked us was because we embargoed their oil in the Pacific, it was either attack us or they couldn't maintain their military expansion.
    I remember that from us history in high school, didn't they need our steel or something as well?

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    I remember that from us history in high school, didn't they need our steel or something as well?
    Soon as the Japanese allied with Nazi Germany, the US chose to cut trading ties to Japan. Eventually the U.S. began setting up embargoes in the Pacific, the Japanese generals didn't originally plan on attacking the United States till much later but because supply chains were cut they chose to attack sooner. Soon as they attacked the Philipines and Pearl Harbor, they knew just picked an unwinnable fight. Quickest way to get a country to go to war, fuck with their oil.

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    If you aren't informed on some of the things the Japanese got up to during WWII, read "Prisoners of the Japanese". They made the Nazis look like choir boys. But as someone has already pointed out, that is NOT the Japan of today. I've been there, and I loved every minute of that trip. They are a wonderful people.

All that said, I wouldn't have caught the symbolism of GSP's gi. I wouldn't have believed he would do something like that had he known how it would affect people. And it says a lot about GSP and Hayabusa both that they came out and apologized and pulled the gi from there line up. Shows they are stand up guys.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    the japanease raped everything they got there hands on in the pacific, " the rape of nan kin " for example the philipeans, korea ect, the japanease military called them "comfort stations" witch were basically " rape houses " and this was apart of there military policy. invade,rape, inslave, & on to the next, it's funny aboout how much people talk about "japanease honor " when they were anything but honroable during the war. And there government has tried to delete there shamful history from there history books in school like " the rape of nan kin " where they bayonetted little new born babies. but chinease and korean protest put that to a stop, the japanease love to sweep ther dirt under a rug and act like ther shit don't stink. and anyone who questions the use of the atomic bomb, just talk to a veteran that fought on Pelelui, iwo Jima, Saipan, Guadacanal,Tarawa, Tinian,Bouganville, Okinawa, the Philipeans, Luzon, ect and witnessed the japanease war crimes first hand and saw how they used civilians as human shields, multilated american soldiers bodies by hacking all the limbs off including stuffing ther dicks in ther mouths after they hacked them off, and leaving a pile of body parts and blackend blood. convincing civilians to jump off cliffs to ther deaths ect. Plus if the U.S. marines, & battle hardened troops from the european front Plus british & russians all had to invade mainland japan, there wouldn't be any Japan today because they would have been liquidated. so believe it or not the atomic bomb actually helped save lives on both sides because it forced them to give up and thats the only reason thers a japanease state today.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Derrick, are you a history major? I'm impressed.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Graphic of U.S. drone strike in Pakistan since 2004:

http://drones.pitchinteractive.com/

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    Derrick, are you a history major? I'm impressed.
    thanks man, I'm kind of a amature world war 2 historian. I always thought it was boring in school but " saving private Ryan " " band of brothers " & " The Pacific " made me interested in the individual stories of combat soldiers on the ground during the war " not some generals perspective 5 miles behind the front line " and facinating books written by regular pvt's like " with the old breed at pelelui and okinawa " by Eugen B Sledge or "7 roads to hell a screaming eagle at bastogne" by pvt Don R Burgett. & i've had the honor of interviewing veterans that fought in the " battle of Midway " in the pacific, and the " Hurtgen Forest " in germany

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast