Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.

PETA actually murdering animals...WTF?!

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is an organization that publicly claims to represent the best interest of animals -- indeed their "ethical treatment." Yet approximately 2,000 animals pass through PETA's front door every year and very few make it out alive. The vast majority -- 96 percent in 2011 -- exit the facility out the back door after they have been killed, when Pet Cremation Services of Tidewater stops by on their regular visits to pick up their remains. Between these visits, the bodies are stored in the giant walk-in freezer PETA installed for this very purpose. It is a freezer that cost $9,370 and, like the company which incinerates the bodies of PETA's victims, was paid for with the donations of animal lovers who could never have imagined that the money they donated to help animals would be used to end their lives instead. In fact, in the last 11 years, PETA has killed 29,426 dogs, cats, rabbits, and other domestic animals.

continued at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nathan...b_2979220.html

I am an avid animal (particularly dogs and kittens, kittens are dope) lover (NOT AFFILIATED WITH PETA). If any of this is remotely true, if I ever hear another PETA person say fur is murder again, I am skinning them alive.

Sam Sales

90% were euthanized within the first 24 hours of custody

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Old news.

Peta has been at this kind of thing for years.
    The vice president of peta uses insulin, which was brought about from animal testing.(which they aggressively oppose)
    The excuse?
    "I benefit from animal testing with insulin, yes. But I use that benefit to continue fighting for animal rights"

So, she gets to take part in the progress from such things, because she is fighting against new innovations?
    Laughable.

My sister used to be a member of theirs till they started advocating neutering ALL pit bulls, and their stance on pets being animals enslaved. (I think they caved on that one after they lost a lot of members)

Array

School
    Gracie University
    Here, get this.

http://www.peta.org/mediacenter/news...le-County.aspx

"Preventing more pit bulls from being born through spaying and neutering is the key to preventing more of these dogs from ending up in abusive situations or being euthanized in shelters. "

If animals are so much like people that these sickos would put images of starving jews from the holocaust next to animals being slaughtered, then why oh why is this a valid solution?

It's like saying "Hey, let's go to Africa and neuter everyone because some of the areas their are poverty and war stricken. No one there will have to starve ever again!"

Yeah, there would be world peace if all humans were dead too, does that make it a good solution?
    The hell?

That is the least humane thing I've ever heard, and I'm not even that huge on 'animal rights'.
    But if I look through their goggles and put animals on the level of humans, that is some nazi-like behavior if I ever saw itm

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    This doesn't surprise me at all. PETA has been picking fights with anyone and everyone over trivial things that aren't even animal cruelty in recent years. Hypocrisy is something I've come to expect of overzealous associations of their sort.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    But they have the backing of such creditable celebrities as Pamela...Lee..Ander-...Nevermind. *sigh*

I live near the PETA headquarters. I honestly believe that the higher ups should be arrested and charged with material support of terrorism as well as financing terrorism. But with that said, PETA does do a few good things. When I had to put Phoebe, my chihuahua terrier mix down, PETA did it for free and allowed us to keep her at their facility for free so that we could get the money to have her cremated. The emergency vet clinic wanted $600 on top of the $1500 we had been charged to treat her. I've met several people that work there that think that Newkirk and her ilk should step down. They also have a high turn over rate when it comes to employees because of what they do.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    This is sad to hear but not surprising.

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    Semper Fi, Brother. I've always hated those assholes.