Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    If you learn how to pass or break posture via gi, when you get in the cage you're fucked. And that's the last place you want to be fucked, with all the lights on and everybody watchin. Armbars, triangles, sweeps. They all will fail in the cage because the set-up you learned, drilled, and hit in practice isn't there.

You have him in closed guard and he is in position to be armbarred. Step one- grab the lapel to keep posture.. uh oh. Step 2- grab his sleeve and row so he can't escape as you position your hips.. shit. The next step is he postures up, pulls his arm out, and punches you in the face.

Movement within a clench and killa leg curls are unique to 10p and crucial to makin jj work nogi. 10p. But roll and train with as many good guys gi and nogi as possible.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    ANOTHER name change! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hughes View Post
    The collar choke is one dangerous weapon to have in your arsenal for any attacker in a leather jacket
    I choked a guy out with his own t-shirt one night after has came at me swinging.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    ANOTHER name change! lol.

I choked a guy out with his own t-shirt one night after has came at me swinging.
    Was gonna go with PaulHeartsKurzy but thought better of it lol

I like the collar choke for self defense because it can be done standing pretty easily. Even taught my Mrs how to do it! A T-shirt?!lol. You're lucky that shit didn't fall apart in your hands!

Sam, I hear Essex police are making any jiu jitsu players that own SuperDry jackets register with them as they are walking lethal weapons. Just a rumour.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123