Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Great defense against the AOJ kid. He had an impressive game and Cora seemed one step behind but still looked good. I learned that sub he hit from Gerald Strebendt and it sucks to be put in!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Master Eddie, I've seen that vid of you and Royler about 3 times back when I first found you. Its about 5 months since then and I guess I will have to study it again. Are all the 3 ways of the "jailbreak" on the MTS? I will do my research. ANd yes, I do feel if she can get him in her guard, he will not be able to leave. THat is why I notice that in every match against him, he always pulls some kind of guard first. Now that you mention the jailbreak and getting that guard, it all make sense. I think we will focus on getting her guard game up to the next level. Once in her guard, I think she knows very well what to do after that. Thank you so much for your advice....Bruce

Array

School
    Brent: yes you are correct, every match he always a step ahead of her. I guess that comes with more experience. He just have more time to work on his game than Cora has to work on hers. I feel that given enough time for us to dive into the system more, she will catch him. Just need time for her to truly absorb the system and more rollin time. You will see by the end of this summer, its going to be a brand new Cora. Last summer we focus on getting her to the next level and we accomplished that. And that RNC he did, well Cora been hitting that move also. Its not like its new to her, its not, its just that he's always a step ahead of her. But we'll work on it more because enough is enough. As a competitor, she wants to pay him back and move on to the next one...

Very impressive, congrats!

Array

School
    Rick: Thank you and I do hear what you saying about the T rex and home alone. That is what she was taught. However, after studying Master Eddie rolling on the MTS, I notice that he like to clinch and don't let his opponent have room to move, even when he is the one on the bottom. Correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption, but I was thinking that the reason why he clinch like that when being cross faced is because he doesn't want his opponent to have room to do anything else to him. And with him having the half guard (lockdown), he can work his way out to butterfly guard or full guard and break the the crossface and sink in the Whizzar thus still have his opponent under his control without trying to break posture again. This was the main reason why I teach Cora to clinch instead of giving her opponent space to attack her. Just clinch and work her way out from the half guard to full guard, but still prevent her opponent from posturing up. This way she won't have to try to break their posture once she is in full guard. Like I said, correct me if this thinking is wrong, but that is what I'm seeing from my untrained eyes... That is why I'm here to learn.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    Rick: Thank you and I do hear what you saying about the T rex and home alone. That is what she was taught. However, after studying Master Eddie rolling on the MTS, I notice that he like to clinch and don't let his opponent have room to move, even when he is the one on the bottom. Correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption, but I was thinking that the reason why he clinch like that when being cross faced is because he doesn't want his opponent to have room to do anything else to him. And with him having the half guard (lockdown), he can work his way out to butterfly guard or full guard and break the the crossface and sink in the Whizzar thus still have his opponent under his control without trying to break posture again. This was the main reason why I teach Cora to clinch instead of giving her opponent space to attack her. Just clinch and work her way out from the half guard to full guard, but still prevent her opponent from posturing up. This way she won't have to try to break their posture once she is in full guard. Like I said, correct me if this thinking is wrong, but that is what I'm seeing from my untrained eyes... That is why I'm here to learn.
    I see what you're saying. I agree you can clinch in the half, but full mounted and side control is almost, if not always, helping the opponent. From side if they clinch me, they're gonna get my triangle/armbar combo. From top if they clinch around the waist, they're gonna get a Kimura, or mounted rubber guard attack.

Array

School
    A very good example of what I'm trying to say is in the video of Master Eddie vs Royler Gracie. He was being crossfaced from the half guard (lockdown). Master Eddie clinched from the bottom not allowing Royler to do anything from the top and when he finally got the full guard, the rubber guard was right there without him trying to break Royler's posture. So this was my thinking for clinching and not T rex or home alone.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    I see. I gave you my feedback in fb message. Didn't want to crowd the forum.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    There is soooooo much to learn, Cora is still green, still many holes to fill. No need to rush, enjoy the journey to mastery. For now, work jail breaks, hip bump mount escapes, shrimp side control escape, the heisman, escape from Alcatraz and the B smith.

Drill these escapes back to guard like a soldier, they will allow Cora to use her guard more
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    For now, work jail breaks, hip bump mount escapes, shrimp side control escape, the heisman, escape from Alcatraz and the B smith.
    These save my ass everyday all day. I find the B smith is my only escape from an opponent who doesn't want to submit or advance to mount. He just wants to grind. Gotta be timed right, but super money.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast