Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu

Two homemade bombs explode near finish line of Boston Marathon; two confirmed dead, m

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/us...thon.html?_r=0

This hits close to home, since I live about 30 minutes outside of Boston. My mom, uncle and cousins went in today to see a friend of theirs run the marathon in memory of my aunt, who passed away from stomach cancer back in October. I immediately texted my mom to see if she was OK, and luckily they were at a point along the marathon six miles from the finish line.

Thoughts and prayers are with those affected by today's events, especially the families of the deceased. Just tragic and unnecessary.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    This is crazy. Any updates?
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    This is crazy. Any updates?
    From what I've seen/heard so far, the police have apparently confirmed that it was two homemade bombs. There's video of the explosions, I'll post one of them below.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/us...thon.html?_r=0

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    This video is of the actual explosion, the one posted above was more of a look into the first responders who came to help.

Array

School
    Shayne Simpson MMA
    Wow. Huge props to the people running straight to where the bomb went off to help. Help others first, ask questions later.

Array

School
    10Th Planet Jiu Jitsu San Francisco
    What happened in Boston is terrible. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the people.

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    I'm now hearing that THREE more bombs were found. I just spoke to my Dad, and I knew that two more had been found, but he told me a third one was found as well. They had to actually set one off in a contained environment, apparently. Absolutely insane.

Thank God we have so many brave people willing to put their lives on the line to ensure that any more unnecessary injury or death is prevented.It's time like these where you really appreciate the policemen and women, firemen and women and emergency responders.

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    There's now been a third incident at JFK Library in Cambridge. They're treating the incidents as if they're related, but apparently they're not sure 100%.

Where is that info coming from?

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    http://live.boston.com/Event/Live_bl..._Copley_Square

Initially, it was reported as an electrical explosion, but they're now saying it could in fact be related.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast