Array

School
    GB Freestyle Judo Club, Holly BJJ

Michigan nogi open and half guard

Hey guys. Just competed at the michigan nogi open Saturday in the advanced (purple and up...life's no fun if you don't test yourself every once in a while featherweight division. Lost my first match because I decided in my 3rd shift daze to go for a knee bar after sweeping my opponent and got my back taken...but fun close match. Second match was with the guy who won our division...less close lol.

I wanted to thank coach Adlai and master Eddie. I scored 3 old school sweeps and 1 class of 69 sweep from half guard and neutralized two major choke attempts thanks to lockdown. In the past I would get lockdown and shitty double under hooks and just hold, scared on some level to loosen up since they might pass, but it seems since master eddies seminar on 1/4 guard my half guard half jumped by leaps and bounds. I think because on some level my brain recognizes that it's okay to have a guy kinda slip out of half guard... It's not the end of the world. If he starts to escape to clinch his foot and go to dog fight or whip back and get lock down back.

So it is thanks in major part to these two guys that I was able to do so well with the advanced division. Thank you very much.

Also just thought it was cool that I saw lots of lockdown and rubber guard stuff from non 10th planet guys. They may not even recognize them as 10th planet but that means that the techniques are in the mainstream and spreading. Go 10p4all.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Awesome bro, that's great! That seminar has helped me in a big way too, because I never knew what the hell to do when I go 1/4 guard, but I get 1/4 all the time. It was awesome timing for me.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Even tho u lost it sounds like a cool match, upload the video
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Warriors Den Grand Blanc
    Good job bro then gym i train at is out in grand blanc too. its called warriors den its on perry and belsay stop by if you can.