Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conner MACHINE Gibbons View Post
    Relax guys !!!!lol. I have grown up around this. My dad is the former mid-west kickboxing champion and martial arts instructor as well as a boxing coach. I took the silver gloves championship at 9. He has watched me throwdown boxing, kickboxing to many times to count. I always have an edge over whoever I face because I trust my training and also knowing he's in my corner. He would never let me get hurt. I have played football for 6 years......way more danger of getting hurt there. I blew my ankel apart three years ago and was in a cast for 8 weeks, no one blinked an eye. I go to school with 1 black eye from boxing people lose there minds.lol.

You guys act like I'm trying to invent kids mma, so I can go pound someone.lol. Its already out there, I'm just looking for some tournament locations.

And yes the ones out there work for safty. Shin guards, head gear, gloves, cup, mouthguard, No elbows or knees. Limited strikes to the head. Like I said, Ive watched the video. I have taken way more punishment boxing, They start kids competeing at 6 in that....
    I will crush you, i will slam you so hard into the mat you cant wake up.

Array

School
    One Combat Academy
    A 12 year old kid isn't ready for MMA. I'm 100% against this. If your dad is okay with it, I'm against him too. Learn all the jits you can. Learn striking too. But no fighting yet. Kids are supposed to want to grow up too fast. That's what we expect from you. Our job as parents is to stop you when you're making decisions that aren't good for you. As a dad myself, I have to caution you against it and hope your dad is smart enough to do the same.

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    image.jpg

Holy shit this is an old post, thanks for bringing it back to life Mike. Thank God I didn't listen to you and people like you. I'm now 17 and doing well. I hold multiple National and International titles and I am rated in the top 5 in two weight divisions. (That's against men by the way, my first fight was at 14 against a 19 year old. That was my only loss, a split decision) 6-1 in MMA, I am NY first Liberty Games Champion in MMA and Jiu Jitsu. Over 350 Jiu Jitsu matches, multiple Pankration and Muay Thai Titles. I was just contacted as the number one contender for The World Title, we are working to make that match happen in the next few months. I am Jr in high school taking advanced college classes since 9th grade and I have been accepted into New Visions, an advanced teaching program for gifted students in the medical field (I'm going to be a PA). 200 apply, 15 are accepted. Everything I have done is because of the strength fighting instilled in me, along with the full support and guidance from my dad and mom. So explain to me again how MMA so young is bad, and my fathers influence will negatively effect me? Lol.
    Last edited by Conner MACHINE Gibbons; 06-24-2015 at 09:46 PM.
    Always train with purpose and fight with passion . Don't be afraid to dream big, but have the balls to make your dreams come true.

Array

School
    10p Ronin/Midtown MMA Houston
    The ethics, values, self esteem, and self motivation that martial arts can instill in a young person are unquestionably valuable.

The impact and damage of MMA/Boxing leading to traumatic brain injuries and hormonal deficiencies, especially in a young still developing brain are incredibly dangerous.

That being said, I wish you the best and hope your MMA journey leaves you healthy.
    Last edited by Nick_Schmidt; 06-25-2015 at 05:50 AM.

Array

School
    TBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Conner MACHINE Gibbons View Post
    image.jpg

Holy shit this is an old post, thanks for bringing it back to life Mike. Thank God I didn't listen to you and people like you. I'm now 17 and doing well. I hold multiple National and International titles and I am rated in the top 5 in two weight divisions. (That's against men by the way, my first fight was at 14 against a 19 year old. That was my only loss, a split decision) 6-1 in MMA, I am NY first Liberty Games Champion in MMA and Jiu Jitsu. Over 350 Jiu Jitsu matches, multiple Pankration and Muay Thai Titles. I was just contacted as the number one contender for The World Title, we are working to make that match happen in the next few months. I am Jr in high school taking advanced college classes since 9th grade and I have been accepted into New Visions, an advanced teaching program for gifted students in the medical field (I'm going to be a PA). 200 apply, 15 are accepted. Everything I have done is because of the strength fighting instilled in me, along with the full support and guidance from my dad and mom. So explain to me again how MMA so young is bad, and my fathers influence will negatively effect me? Lol.

...and, apparently, you're still a cocky kid. lol

Array

School
    Lol ....... and that's why you never see me on here anymore. Anyone who knows me (and their are several 10th guys that do, know in person I am far from cocky.) But I have always defended myself from people who tell me they are smarter then me or what's best for me. NOT because I'm smarter than everyone on here, but because I have people who surround me for that advise that I trust 100%. So I don't need guys like Mike implying that he's against me and my dad for what I do in combat sports, My point is 99.9 % of you guys don't know me so it doesnt give you the right to take shots at me or people who support me. Mike posts his comments on something thats now 5 years old, Places his opinion on how silly I am and the people who love me are not smart because they let me do this. Obviously his opinion is the only right one. But I'm the cocky dick kid for saying, sorry Mike your opinion doesn't hold water in my case because I have only had positive life changing experiences, and people close to me always thinking of my safety first. I think I have been around this site for almost 9 years, from the first time I got to meet Eddie, but I have watched it change as I got older. It used to be the place that the cool guys went to talk JJ and MMA Much better than other sites flooded with keyboard warriors like on sherdog that always wanted to fight people, or the hardcore Gracie guys that said you were shit if you didn't train at a Gracie school. But over the years I've seen the attitude change toward the negative as well on here. That's why I have been a ghost and just use it for videos and keep up with how people are doing that I have known most of my life. I don't think I have the patience anymore for it. This post sums it up. Guy jumps on gives his 2 cents and slams me, my dad and the whole support team I have that look out for my safety, and that's cool. I respond to say great opinion, but your wrong (at least in my case) and I'm the cocky dick. Lol.

Coach Zog, pretty sure your still the site wizard that looks over this stuff. Can you waive your magic wand and cancel me out of the membership. I got to many things on my plate to waste time with negative stuff. CANCEL ME OUT PLEASE. Thanks

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu South Cooast
    They let 14 year olds fight 19 years old? Shit like that is why MMA gets a bad rap, ie still being illegal in New York. What idiot promoter set that up?

Array

School
    Lol. Again someone who is smarter than everyone else. Explain why I'm the first NY amateur champion that was held at the liberty games. The Liberty Games is sponsored by New York. Yeah a state that still is Pro MMA free. But in this event I fought kids.my own age and I switched to leg kicks because I didn't want to hurt anyone, because the rules in this state sanctioned event where way less protective than anyplace else I ever competed for. Yeah that's why NY is still not sanctioned. Ill just let your lack of knowledge go about the NY MMA scene because I've had enough stones thrown at me. Lol. But I'm sure my understanding of safe events in NY and unsafe events is a little deeper than yours. Zog get me out of here please!!!!I've learned my lesson, I'll stay gone for good I promise. Lol.
    Always train with purpose and fight with passion . Don't be afraid to dream big, but have the balls to make your dreams come true.

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    Call yourself cocky or not cocky or whatever the hell you want but you really need to stop letting people trolling you get under your skin. If you're really confident in yourself you don't need to say shit about yourself to other people to feel validated. Posting a picture of yourself with your hand raised and rattling off a list of your credentials, accomplishments, and your ever so bright future, is definitely a sign that you give way too many fucks about what people think of you. Wish you the best of luck kid

P.s. this forum is full of nice people who genuinely love the sport and want to see other practicioners do well, but big egos will be sniffed out and trolled
    Last edited by Nick Paul; 06-25-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Array

School
    ^^^^^ Well said. But again it wasn't posted to feed my ego. It was posted to offset someone calling me a dumb kid, implying that I had a dumb ass father, and the camp I train out of must be some thug camp for encouraging what I do. Pretty much the post was thanks for the input but I'm doing just fine. Maybe those words would have been enough but I felt the need to drive the point home. Drives me insane that people vomit out opinions about the path I have taken to fight and compete. I think way more kids should be doing it. I have seen kids dropping out of school around me, lost a kid I knew to a drug overdose, girls younger than me getting knocked up, and I can't help to think if someone had introduced them to my path ( or countless other paths) their choices may have been better. When done correctly competing in a combat sport at a young age can give kids the tools to accomplish anything they set their minds to. Narrow views like Mike drive me insane. It is not for every kid for sure. But that's up to the coaches and people around that kid to decide. When he says it's not right for any kid, it snuffs out the unlocking of unknown potential for countless number of kids just like me.

As far as being trolled your right I do let it effect me. But you kinda hit the nail on the head. A few years back if sombody thought kids fighting was wrong, there would have been a pretty deep exchange from people posting thoughts from both sides, troll free. When trolls did jump in stating there OPINION as the true one and only fact on a natter, it was shut down in a hurry. Not so much anymore. And it's not just on posts of mine it is pretty basic for a lot of posts. Like I said that's the reason I don't visit and enjoy the site like I used to. Sucks used to love the input even when it got heated. But at least the way I look at it someplace along the line it jumped from heated exchanges to just another Sherdog kinda feel a lot of times. That site I spend 0 time on, because my head would explode.

As far as sniffing out egos, I have sniffed myself out.Lol. I'm trying to figure out how to cancel my memebership, but don't see anything as of yet. That's why I yelled for coach Zogs help. I will disagree that I'm dropping because of ego has been sniffed out ( all my championship belts, medals and awards are stored in a box in my basement by the way. Not on my wall) My sanity has been sniffed out. Lol. Heated debates are cool, one sided Sherdog style of trolling is just a waste of time for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast