Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    davis looked extremely wet and shiny, just saying. Vinnys games plan was wrong, why didn't he ever try to clinch up and pull guard?

Belcher fought a stupid fight, I cant believe he was actually executing his game plan.

Sam Sales

I like Alan a lot but Bisping kicked Belchers ass. Worst Belcher performance I can remember, and tbh some awful promotion for his new product. Which by the way he is pushing so hard it almost feels like he has been playing besties with Lloyd Irvin and the Avellans LOL j/k.

The Vinnie fight was horrible too. He seemed really flat footed after the 1st round. Was such a shame as I desperately wanted to see him kick Davis' ass.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    davis looked extremely wet and shiny, just saying. Vinnys games plan was wrong, why didn't he ever try to clinch up and pull guard?

Belcher fought a stupid fight, I cant believe he was actually executing his game plan.
    Thats just how that dude looks lol, he looked good with his jabs, but Vinny just seemed stiff and was hesitating to much,
    i know it comes from a guy watching it from his couch, but he should have pulled guard, or shot for a takedown and just roll to his guard like paul harris would do

Quote Originally Posted by StoneJitsu View Post
    It wasnt too long ago Damian Maia totally has his way with Jon Fitch... Using Jiu Jitsu
    The way Damian controlled Fitch was so impressive.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneJitsu View Post
    It wasnt too long ago Damian Maia totally has his way with Jon Fitch... Using Jiu Jitsu
    HIgh level wrestling i would say GSP vs Diaz as a more recent example. Dont get me wrong I loveeeeeee JJ and will never leave but train once with a NCAA All American. With the littlest of JJ knowledge they will smash through most of the highest level of bjj guys in MMA

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    This thread needs more jiujitsu love.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Diaz is not a high level black belt. GSP has no wrestling credentials. GSP is a bjj black belt.

Bjj guys fail for not trusting their bjj. Maia is a great example.

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    I like Alan a lot but Bisping kicked Belchers ass. Worst Belcher performance I can remember, and tbh some awful promotion for his new product. Which by the way he is pushing so hard it almost feels like he has been playing besties with Lloyd Irvin and the Avellans LOL j/k.
    >>implying that's not where that marketing is coming from..

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Taking Phil down is fucking insanely hard. Once on the ground Phil's one objective is to disengage and box, which he is better at. Phil is amazing more than Vinny is bad. Vinny's still a murderer who ent up against a full prepared and executed game plan. Any body criticizing Vinny has never went up against that level of competion. Sometimes they have the ability to completely nullify your strengths.

I do wish he would have tried some sort of dynamic entry ala flying scissor, rolling knee bar, or even pull half. There is no such thing as a bad spot on the ground for vinny. I would also like to see him be able to clench and pummel for body locks then trip. This is how Demian schooled Fitch.

Array

School
    RMNU
    Aoki doesn't try to stand with anybody and has had some success.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast