Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I have been looking forward to this for a while. I too would like to watch the videos from my phone if you can make that happen magnus. Thanks again for putting this stuff together

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Yeah I am talking about the underhook arm grabbing the lapel. That lapel grip makes the old school really hard to stop because you can't spin and sprawl on it.

I still don't like to grab the pants when going under. It telegraphs plan b and isn't the easiest/strongest grip, so I prefer to just cup and roll under.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Unorthodox mount. I like it
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Magnus: thank you. I love this. Ever since I found 10thplanetjj, my daughter been using 10thplanetJJ even in the Gi. She always compete in both Gi and No Gi and from my limited knowledge of the system, we only train the No gi style. But now you just open a whole new world for her Gi game. As of right now if she is on mount and they roll her over, then the rubber guard would come out. But now, the rubber guard will come out even when she is still on top thanks to your video. Just earlier today, we were tweeking the gogoplata. I notice that her gogoplata from the bottom is not all that effective. So we been practicing using it as a sweep to get on top to do the gogoplata and from there, its very effective. But now with your video, that gogoplata set up with the Gi is GOLD!!!! Thanks you

Array

School
    10th planet jiu jitsu sthlm, Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Yeah I am talking about the underhook arm grabbing the lapel. That lapel grip makes the old school really hard to stop because you can't spin and sprawl on it.

I still don't like to grab the pants when going under. It telegraphs plan b and isn't the easiest/strongest grip, so I prefer to just cup and roll under.
    yeah that makes it completly different, grabbing the belt wouldnīt do much. C-cup or grip they are all good, some times I do C-cup, but most of the time I grab the pants because thereīs a few great things you can do if you dont get the roll. Im happy to see that you also train Gi style
    Last edited by Magnus Hansson; 05-17-2013 at 03:07 AM.

Array

School
    Thank you Cora for those kind words ! it means a lot to me.
    Im happy that you found something that could make your daughter game progress.

If you have any questions or you get stuck some where, please send me just a short video and I will make a video for you where I give my opinion
    Osss
    Last edited by Magnus Hansson; 05-17-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    im gunna have to look through these videos later, but ive trained with magnus and planetX is the shit, if i ever get around to getting a gi, ill train that. its amazingly cool. rubber guard where you can grab your own pants? its amazingly strong
    Miss you Isaac:-) My offer is still valid for you:-) if you can pass Oskars guard you get your purple:-)

Array

School
    TWISTED JIU-JITSU
    This is really awesome! It just motivates you to be open-minded and innovative, and this is what bjj is all about. Because lets face it - you have to train in the gi if you want to be good, no matter if your focus is no gi or mma. And this - this is the best motivational and inspirational piece that a 10p head can get in order to sit down, drill hard and become a better bjj fighter. And for those that still aren't convinced - go to Stockholm and taste this medicine) Cheers!

Array

School
    BJJ Leiden
    Cool video, I like how you go over eveything in great detail. I still have to return to Stockholm for training sometime..

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Hansson View Post
    Miss you Isaac:-) My offer is still valid for you:-) if you can pass Oskars guard you get your purple:-)
    ill hold you to that. i got to come over sometime, im planning an exchange to LA next year but maybe at some point i can stop in at sweden for a month or two

my goal now is to become the best guard passer ever

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast