Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC

Unsolicited advice for Cora's dad.

I enjoy watching the Cora videos with my 8 year old daughter, but as a professional photographer, I have some advice. (Excuse me for not minding my own business)

First, kill the music in the videos. While all your viewers are united in their love of BJJ, the music is a divider. I like hip hop, he likes rock, she likes metal, etc. Just run the ambient sound.

Second, and far more important, ask yourself what is the purpose of the next video? You've already established that she is good at BJJ, another video making that same statement does you no real good. Now is the time to develop her as a personality. Have the videos serve as a blog/diary of her life or her training. Have her introduce the videos and tells what was going on in her head and how she feels about the matches. We know what Cora is - a BJJ practitioner, but we don't know WHO she is.

Developing her as a personality on film will open the door for endorsements. Or maybe she's so charming on camera that Eddie features her on a 10th Planet kids DVD. And if she isn't good on camera now, maybe after 6 months of talking on camera, she WILL be. I picture something similar to what Ryon Gracie did in this video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nAMwCX6hf7M&feature=plcp

Anyway, that's my unsolicited advice...for what it is worth.

Sam Sales

Awesome advice.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin

Link posted was for mobile thought i would just embed it for you.

Array

School
    10TH PLANET GLASGOW!!
    The music doesn't bother me at all but I like the Idea of getting Cora's own personality shown. I'm sure it will help open doors for her in the future! also a life blog would be so cool for her when she's all grown up and can look back at how she made it!

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Good advice.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Ric: brother you bring tears to my eyes... Thank you for caring this much for my little girl. I'm always open for any advice as always. And yes I have been thinking something along this line. But your idea is on the money. With over some 43,000 hits, people can only see the Jiu Jitsu side of her, but they don't really know who she is. Cora is so much more than Jiu Jitsu and I will show yall this. Just say that she has the personality that will fit this site for sure...crazy funny is how I would describe her.... thank you again brother.

Awesome thread!

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    Cora is an amazing person and she is soo young! Showing her personality in Rics way will also set an example to other kids striving to do what they love. We need more kids like Cora in the world. Kids with morals, values, manners, and work ethic. Cora is a prime example of this. There are literally 12 year old kids in my town either pregnant or already in the judicial system. Just the other day a 15 year old firend of mine with a kid on the way robbed a store at gun point. So people like Cora will help set a better example. But keep the videos coming! Looking forward to em
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Rics work for marcello is amazing.
    GO SHARKS!

"A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points. A conspiracy theory is a battle cry of a person with insufficient data." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

If this shit turns out to be true, I will get a tattoo of a crop duster spelling out the phrase, "Eddie was right!"

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    Ric's ideais great, especially for developing sponsors. Cora has the ability to compete on a bigger stagehand getting financial help I'm sure would be great. Females in jiu jitsu is rare so allowing people to get to know her and especially why she enjoys training and competing would be great for not only her but motivating other young girls. I'm not sure if NAGA comes by you but if they do you should look into if they are still working on a reality show. Prior to one event they were seeking children who would be willing to allow cameras to follow them prior to a NAGA to document their training. If they are still doing that, Cora would be perfect for it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast