Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Rick: you absolute on the money with this one "Sandbaggers will eventually meet their maker." During his final GI match in his division, that kid was dominating the other boy. Took his back and went to work. They fight for a long time, the other kid was defending the RNC really well. THen this boy put on a body triangle (the subject of my other thread on how to escape it), well once he put that body triangle, the other boy somehow lasso his leg and just arched his back really hard and high. He was screaming in pain as his ankle probably popped. Don't get me wrong, I never like seeing any kid get hurt, but this one had it coming for a long time. During this tournament he hurt 2 kids with a fail RNC, so he face crush them instead.
    You tell me if this is a legal RNC...

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Lots of very competitive action! Cora fights hard til bitter end, she has mad heart! Congrats Cora!
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Master Eddie: your advice on preventing boys pulling guard on her really help A LOT!! I over heard many coaches telling their kids to pull guard on Cora 1st. But they couldn't when she Black Mamba them first... She tried a bunch of new stuff, but its so new that she hasn't perfect them yet. She had a great time. THank you

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    It was great meeting you & your family as well Bruce, Cora is extremely talented. I really enjoy watching her in action!! Hopefully Jacobs matches will be up in a bit. I really suck at this computer thing.lol Hoping Woolsey will help me out so they should be up soon

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Bruce: I think you have a point on the sandbagging at the lower divisions. It shouldn't happen. But believe you me, I would welcome the best grappler in my division regardless of how much better they were. I would test myself and see where my holes are. A medal lost but an education earned. I like to find holes in my game and always throw myself to the wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    Master Eddie: your advice on preventing boys pulling guard on her really help A LOT!! I over heard many coaches telling their kids to pull guard on Cora 1st. But they couldn't when she Black Mamba them first... She tried a bunch of new stuff, but its so new that she hasn't perfect them yet. She had a great time. THank you
    If someone pulls guard on me, I double guard pull lol This usually freaks them out because it's a whole different game, which makes for easy wins if you're the more experienced one. Just another thing you could add to her game

Array

School
    John: it was great meeting your family as well. You have a super tight group over there at 10thplanet sherman and an awesome coach. Sometimes I get jealous of you guys. For the size of our gym, there isn't that much bonding like yall are. Well with the kids anyways. I just feel that the main focus of our gym are for the adults and their fighters. I would see my FB wall with their promo and recognitions. But when it comes to the the kids, there are very little to none. Cora was the only one that competed this past weekend from her school and fought her butt off as you can see by her videos. And not to mention she ranked also, but there is no words of encouragement or anything coming from her gym. I'm very sadden by this...

BTW I'm new to this online video stuff also. I'm a very low tech person.

Array

School
    Rick: I clearly understand where you are coming from with the challenging yourself thing. I'm like that with basketball bro. JJ isn't my sport but basketball is. For 25 yrs, on any given day, I will be the only asian guys hooping with all the black guys. I say "black" because to be honest, all my other non-black friends don't like to play where I play at. I play there because that is where all the ballers are and were I can get very competitive at. My other friends don't see it like I do. I want to play against the best so that is where I hang out. I first started as an asain guy among them, but throughout the years, I've proven myself to them and they don't see me as an asian "chink" guy anymore. They see me just as one of the guys.
    However, we are talking about kids. Kids are different from us grown ups. They need rewards and recognitions. They need a tangle thing to give them a sense of accomplishment. In these 2 years that we been in JJ, I've seen kids come and go. I seen kids started to compete, but when they get smashed at the competition, I don't see them anymore at the gym. These kids didn't even stay that long to find the beauty of the sport. There is a limit that you can test a kid, pushed further than that limit, it will have an adverse effect.

Array

School
    Justin: Double guard pull??? LOL bro have you seen any of Cora's video at all?? That is what those kids are starting to do to her. When she about to pull guard, they pull also...LOL That is when I know they or their parent have been watching Cora's video. We since work all that out now. They haven't found an answer to the Black Mamba yet...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12