Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Hansson View Post
    well..I believe that itīs most the old school BJJ academies (some how the Gracieīs, respect Helio). But they are also against everything outside the Gracie box! donīt get me wrong, thereīs always Gracie academies that could have a opened mind. Itīs at least not the second generation Gracieīs. If you check the Mendes brothers! they do a lot of fu***d up stuff.

I have a BJJ academy! Iīm so opened minded that Iīm doing GI version of the 10th system (my perspective)
    If you mean Rorian, and his guys, I dont disagree with you. But I have trained with and met several Black belts, under Various guys, that seem pretty open minded about 10th planet stuff. At the same time, I hear alot of lip from beginners on both sides. Like I said I think its the low end folks that create, and perpetuate some of this stuff. Most of them tend to repeat what someone else told them, instead of actual personal interaction with the black belt level people.

Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    I think you dont understand the folks who are in BJJ for the long haul if you think anyone would feel that way after getting caught grappling. They would probably take a look at the things that they ran into and work on countering them, or learning more about them. Folks who think like what you just described are of the white and blue belt ranks.....folks who are still trying to count taps in training or too worried about not getting tapped. Also, a guy who is a real blue belt (couple years of training) is probably going to get his ass handed to him by anyone doing BJJ for 15 years consistently.
    it was a hypothetical situation hence the 'imagine' people fear what they don't understand and people also don't like change i roll with tradition bjj players and cage fighters alike i get tapped more times then i can remember but i tap alot of guys as well with tradition bjj and a lot of 10th planet stuff and its always the the 10th planet stuff people ask me about afterwards also eddie said some stuff about the gi the traditional guys didn't/don't like Renato is prime example

Array

School
    10th planet jiu jitsu sthlm, Sweden
    You are right about the bloodline:-) I always tell my students that when you have a teacher that says This is Right and that is Wrong, then you know that your teacher is not opened minded. In the end its more or less the same with some variations,timing,combos,details and etc. 10th planet system is very unique,complex and unortodox, so itīs easy to hate or love.
    I Loooove it:-)

Array

School
    lost
    It's probably a money issue, maybe if Eddie would've called his schools 10th planet Brazillian jiu-jitsu their wouldn't be so much resistance, just a thought.

Array

School
    10th planet jiu jitsu sthlm, Sweden
    Yeah! you never know whats going on in peoples minds.

Array

School
    lost
    Now that I think about it, Eddie is the leader of the movement to change BJJ to American jiu-jitsu.

Array

School
    lost
    Maybe not AJJ, but something like flower child jiu-jitsu, which is actually beautiful. But with all these advertisements I'm starting to think it's all about the money

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    My instructor lets me roll however I want. It helps my game and my classmates

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234