Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass

Why do people think 10th Planet is different from BJJ?

da fuck? i have heard it from a few different places, it bothers the shit out of me

Sam Sales

I consider them different. I feel like gi and no-gi are 2 different (albeit only slightly) sports.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Because they are, apples and oranges both come from trees, both are fruits but still very different. Just like Jiu Jitsu is just pre-World War II Judo, Eddie took elements from the originaland added his own creativity, while eliminating what he deemed unnecessary (the gi). This is what makes it different from BJJ.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Lol I feel retarded

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    It only different cause we are awesome
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Passini View Post
    It only different cause we are awesome
    and +1 for that good sir

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    its just no-gi jiu jitsu as far as i see it. The more techniques get integrated from other grappling arts the more it moves toward being more appropriately called no-gi grappling IMO.

if you southern oregon guys ever head down through humboldt dont forget me. My coach is 10th planet friendly. he was there when eddie tapped royler and he got his purple from higan.
    GO SHARKS!

"A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points. A conspiracy theory is a battle cry of a person with insufficient data." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

If this shit turns out to be true, I will get a tattoo of a crop duster spelling out the phrase, "Eddie was right!"

Array

School
    ronin
    You can slip out of nogi but its hard to slip out with gi that's the big differents that's my thout.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Alexander View Post
    da fuck? i have heard it from a few different places, it bothers the shit out of me
    Same concepts different strategies (for the most part). Its nothing to stress about because you will always have people say shit that will piss you off. Just keep doing your thing and don't listen to other people!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Im pretty sure Gracie Jiujitsu was more geared towards self defense in its origins, some time ago in Brazil. So many of the techniques were designed to take on larger opponents. (Which is common in self defense/real life altercations). Where as Eddie designed 10th Planet Jiujitsu, more as a tool to be used for getting laid. For instance, simply teaching a girl the electric chair increases your chances of getting some by 45%. An attribute I believe you will be hard pressed to find in typical BJJ. Like they said, Apples and Oranges.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast