Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    I would try passing to front headlock and spinning for the back. In nogi it's hard to pass to a clean side control against guys with tricky guards

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    i pull mount and i tap them from it.....

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Not to worry Kurzy I sure its clean.
    Aids can not be transmitted via couch. Didn't the 90's teach you anything. Unless we make sweet love on it, or share hookers and needles.

Totally up to you how the vacay goes Kurzy, cuz I'm game.

For reelz tho, lot of training and theory convos, kinda my thing.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I would try passing to front headlock and spinning for the back. In nogi it's hard to pass to a clean side control against guys with tricky guards
    I do love this as well. Startin to look for it cuz its there, and money.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Has anybody ever worked on that amazing transition to the truck Rader does from inverted guard?

Array

School
    GB Freestyle Judo Club, Holly BJJ
    my favorite pass. First saw it through Caio Terra. Now when I get to combat base I move to the wedge and knee knot and either use it as a fake and let the leg pass over for the pass or go all the way to the knot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXn_ZasS7qs

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Has anybody ever worked on that amazing transition to the truck Rader does from inverted guard?
    Flip them with a double under, step on their calf then slide to the grapevine? Love it and use it whenever possible. Eddie breaks it down in mts. Not really attacking inverted tho. You flip them to a stack then attack.

There is a slick ass inverted pass to the back I use. I just made it up but I'm sure somebody else has figured it out.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    I think he was joking. Nobody with a brain would pull mount
    I pull mount in Submitted Only tournaments all the time!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    I pull mount in Submitted Only tournaments all the time!
    I dont believe you!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts - 10th Planet Peterborough/Troop BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Alexander View Post
    I am typically a good guard passer, but at my Hotbox all the guys I roll with have weight on me. Is there any good guard pass's for a larger opponent?
    Hey man, I'm not nearly as experienced as some of the beasts on this thread, but I will say that keeping things basic and sticking to a small set of passes from each position has worked very well for me. From open guard, I like the knee cut, leg drag and double under, when I'm in my opponents half guard, its knee cut and twister side pass,etc. Your selection can be different. Once again, not nearly as experienced as the other guys on here, but my personal advice would be to pick a couple high percentage passes from each position that you feel comfortable with and drill them. Often as beginners, when rolling with heavier guys, we can often get too caught up in too many ideas to pass or become too worried about our opponents and what they are scheming. As I've gained experience and trained more, I've found having a couple basic go to passes that I can use in combination has really helped my passing game and improved my overall game too. Not saying the flying stuff doesn't work or the crazy fun looking ones are not effective, but as a beginner you might want to get some basics down so you can diversify your passing game with the other crazy more creative stuff later but for the time being be able to pass peoples guard regardless of size and your level of energy (to a certain degree)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345