Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

For the Love of the Game

I just had this idea I want to run by you guys. I have been trying to convert my 2 car garage into a Dojo for Cora. Its half way done. I have Zebra mats that are 10 x 14 square foot and can always build more sparring space. Loving this sport so much, I see that other kids are not as fortunate as Cora to have formal lessons. Also not to mention there aren't any 10thplanet gym in Houston at all. So I was thinking that if I can help Cora with 10thplanet JJ, why not open that to those kids that are interested in learning but can't afford gym fee? It will be a none profit kind of thing. Also it is open to any kids from any school who want to come and spar with Cora. Also since I'm a nobody in this sport, but only learning through MTS, maybe once or twice a month I can hire a coach to come and train the kids. I meet a lot of coaches at these tournaments. Or maybe we can round up enough money for a road trip to Beaumont and learn from our buddy Brian. Its just an idea that pop up in my head. Just want to share the love of the game, especially the 10thplanetJJ. So what yall think? Anything else you want to add that I am not aware of is welcome. Thanks guys.. Bruce

Array

School
    FLMAC/10th planet Ronin
    You are truly awesome dude Cora lucky to have you as a parent.

Array

School
    Thank bro. I just want to share what we all love. Some of my friends who have kids don't even know anything about JJ until they see Cora's video and now they asking me if I know of a school close to them. Maybe some of these kids might graduate from my garage into a real gym one day. The key thing here is just to introduce them into this sport, I'm not trying to make them into a champion. I have no skill for that. But what I have right now will get them to love the sport.

Array

School
    GB Freestyle Judo Club, Holly BJJ
    I am sure that if a 10p seminar was going on in tx you could convince them to come do a kids seminar there too.

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Bruce that's amazing. It's people like you who really help 10th planet grow.

God damn amazin parenting aswell lol.

Array

School
    David: thank you. I got this idea awhile back when I was searching through youtube and came to one of Kyra's Gracie video, I think the title was "The Main Tournament of my life" or something like that. ANyways, in it she has a gym (non-profit) in a poor neighborhood in Brasil. She gave free BJJ lessons to those kids who can't afford it and thus help them get out of trouble and many other benefits that comes from that as well. It really inspired me, but a year ago, what do I know about BJJ?? nothing...also I haven't found out about 10thplanet yet. So with what I know now and with 10thplanet as my reference source, I think I will have enough material to run this program. Also for us, Cora get the chance to teach along side me and when she is teaching, she actually learn more herself.