Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th planet las vegas

twister on same side leg and arm?

so the traditional twister you trap his opposite leg and opposite arm. but has anyone done a twister with the same side leg and arm? ive never seen it anywhere and I was playing around in my lockdown last night and found a "new" twister from lockdown taking advantage of the same side leg and arm and seems to be ALOT tighter like the Swedish twister. before I put up the little video I made right after I found out about it I wanna make sure this move hasn't already been invented and im just late lol so has anyone heard of a move like this?

Array

School
    10th planet las vegas
    this is what I created, but has it been already created?

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I like it, but it seems very low percentage. Like you have to count on the other guy to do all the wrong things for it to work. Whip me that way and you're giving me a shortcut to twister pass. I'm not going to base on my elbow, I'm going to base on my hands and either drop into twister passing or reach back for head and arm control, since you're giving up double unders, and work a no hands pass.

Not saying it won't work. I'm saying for now, I view it as low percentage. Trouble shoot those common scenarios and I'll def support it.

Array

School
    10th planet las vegas
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I like it, but it seems very low percentage. Like you have to count on the other guy to do all the wrong things for it to work. Whip me that way and you're giving me a shortcut to twister pass. I'm not going to base on my elbow, I'm going to base on my hands and either drop into twister passing or reach back for head and arm control, since you're giving up double unders, and work a no hands pass.

Not saying it won't work. I'm saying for now, I view it as low percentage. Trouble shoot those common scenarios and I'll def support it.
    ive seen sean Bollinger and eddie work from that side of the lockdown and perform a "handcuffing sweep" so I started seeing what was available from that side and I created this. I know I still need to polish it and trouble shoot the best way to set it up but this is the work in progress and I made this video as a demonstration not as a tutorial haha but none the less I think it looks promising and I wanna hear all the things that you guys think will go wrong so I can test em out and figure out ways to make it solid!

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Definitely dude. Like I said, I like it. Work out the kinks. It has potential. Clearly the sub works. Now develop the paths and the counters and you have some gold there. It's more about how to get there. Like, armbars work, but not unless you have a set up to get there. Good luck on your journey bro.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Looks very low percentage. You are going to give him several opportunities to pass before you get your baseball bat control.

Not saying there is nothing there, but this set up looks like a good top half player would smash through it with no problem.

Field test this thing in competition and check back.

Array

School
    10th planet las vegas
    It kind of is a new twister because the actuall move is different. Its still a twister but it should have its own name of its an actaul legit name like the swedish twister does. But either way i just wanted to put this out there because i thought it was the sickest thing ever haha

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like on most people you're never going to pull their right arm all the way behind them to get to that baseball bat control.

Not saying it's not possible. But on someone with solid fundamentals that will be very difficult to do. If that was happening to me, I'd roll right shoulder down and give-up the sweep before that sub would ever be possible. Additionally I'd be concerned (and this is just from thinking about the position obviuosly) that once you start trying to hook that elbow and pull their right arm behind them that you'd still be highly susceptible to the cross-face from his left arm.

The main problem I see is having a guy actually let you manipulate their arm like that. If you can figure out a solid way to manipulate that arm from the bottom - you could try to hit this from Twister Pass, as the guys already turning like you want, you'd just have to hook his top arm.

I hit sweeps or take the back from a very similar position, a slightly modified octopus guard. There are a couple chokes and arm locks there, but the defense to most of them is to just give up the sweep. Probably true for this as well, I'll get the arm to a 5-0 control sometimes, might try the extra step. As to the whole twister pass option I use this to counter the twister pass all the time.

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    I haven't looked at this super carefully - but I'd say they are different positions.

If you watch the guys OP it is right leg in lockdown and right arm behind the head. This is not what Eddie does. Eddie has left leg in lockdown, right arm behind the head. That is like a backstep pass Ashton is going for vs. a Twister Pass. I still don't think it will work well against proper fundamentals - but I also don't think that is the traditional twister either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast