Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cook View Post
    Might be! Any videos? I will happily go with the accepted name! I have just been hitting it a lot and wanted to share it with my 10th Planet Bros!
    You're thinking outside the box and in a way invented it. That's what makes this system so great is that everybody thinks outside the box and is always evolving. Keep at it! The grip is gable instead of Mata Leo grip so it's actually different and therefore Logeoplata

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    I've actually hit the same move several times from the mount/monoplata position. It seems even tighter there actually. Tonight I caught it from the mount/monoplata position by using my free leg to push on the heel of my other foot in a way similar to a locoplata!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Good move. I'll be using it from now on

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont

This is the first place I saw that sort of thing. He calls it a "shwells choke". Like I said before, I don't do it any more because people press my leg straight over my head rather than down into me which moves it off the artery ( which you can do from this grip but not from a gogo grip. They do the same with a RNC grip. Its because I'm only hooking my leg and not grabbing it like a gogo. Otherwise, I like the tightness of the finish more than a gogo) . If anyone finds a way to reliably prevent this counter, let me know

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    I don't know if this will prevent that counter or not but I'm triangleing my legs to get the finish. My teammates swear it's twice as tight when I do that as opposed to trying to finish it without the legs triangled.

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANK BARCA View Post
    You know what Logan, I like it a lot.
    I love having many options from the rubber-guard as they just cant shut everything down, if you have so many options. They're bound to fuck up and thats where we, the rubberguard players, shine. Rubberguard is tough to play. It takes ages to develop. It takes so many failures day after day to get it to the dangerous levels against most JJ players. Thanks bro.

The Frodoplata is great too but I find my arms are a bit short for the full RNC grip, but the gable or palm to palm is perfect for me.

I'm diggin it
    Thank you very much for the kind words and encouragement, I appreciate it a lot!

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cook View Post
    I don't know if this will prevent that counter or not but I'm triangleing my legs to get the finish. My teammates swear it's twice as tight when I do that as opposed to trying to finish it without the legs triangled.

Hmmmm yeah, I can see where that might help. I’ll try and mess with it some more then, thanks

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I want to check this out.
    So the name is Logan, so it is pronouced "Low-Go-Plata"?

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Well my name is Logan but my nickname has always been "Loge" pronounced kind of like "luge" but with an O instead of a U if that makes any sense lol!

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Allow me to help with the pronunciation concerns, heh

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast