Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottRay View Post
    You people are not telling this poor guy the facts. I trained a student that has hep c. He was one of the top pro fighters at the gym I used to coach at. They even test for this in pre-fight bloodwork. Have you even been tested and diagnosed as having it? Fact is, with hep c you can live a normal life. My father has hep c and it has never given him a problem. You do not have to stop training, but you must let your training partners know and you cant just free bleed everywhere like a cave woman on her period. I hate to break the news to you people, but if you guys have been in this sport long enough; you have rolled with a guy with EVERYTHING before... Research hepatitis c before you tell this guy he must live in a damn bubble..
    Thats ironic, no athletic commission I have ever worked with will allow a fighter with Hep B, C or HIV to fight. Which is why the make fighters get blood work (Ammy & Pro).
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    I'm not going to waste time explaining myself to the biggest troll on the forum. I already gave away more confidential information than I should in effort to help this scared individual. I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true...end of discussion.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I'm not going to waste time explaining myself to the biggest troll on the forum. I already gave away more confidential information than I should in effort to help this scared individual. I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true...end of discussion.
    I'm the biggest troll on the forum?

You should explain yourself because the information you gave out is false, and the information I gave is the truth. You are correct you should have never given out any confidential information. However there are clear dangers to training and rolling with someone with bloodborne pathogens.

I feel horrible that Ern is going through this. However to mislead him is also horrible.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Private message me and I will be glad to give you all the school details, sanctioning bodies, TDLR records, whatever you want. How can you expect me to give out confidential info on a forum, then call someone out for not giving all details. Really?

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    This thread is not about my old students and Texas' MMA policies. This guy asked for support... He doesn't need 2 people to argue over some trivial bullshit..

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Private message me and I will be glad to give you all the school details, sanctioning bodies, TDLR records, whatever you want. How can you expect me to give out confidential info on a forum, then call someone out for not giving all details. Really?
    Reality is support. I didn't say you need to talk about your boy, I said you needed to give out more information on what you're talking about. I know what I said to be 100% true. Athletic commissions will not let a fighter thats tests positive for Hep B, C or HIV fight, thats what I wanted you to expand on. This topic is not trivial, its reality. Why would I debate you in a PM when you brought it out on a public forum?

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Scott, chill tha fuck out homie. The fact that your commission allows hep c to fight is not confidential info.

Ern sucks. It takes 6 months to find out?

Array

School
    Reppin 10thP Ronin
    Keep your head up bro! I agree with everyone, get the dvds and grappling dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Ern sucks. It takes 6 months to find out?
    It is kinda complicated. see they don't really detect for the virus, they test for the antibodies that your body makes to fight the virus - I won't talk about seroconversion. It takes awhile for the body to make enough antibodies to be tested accurately. this is why they test roughly at 6 weeks, 12 weeks, and 6 months, with 6 months being the "holy grail" if you think about it that way. At 6 months they figure your positive or negative.

thanks for the answers, getting a dummy next paycheck. I just want to say that no one has officially banned me from their gym, it is more of a self ban until I am clear (that and lack of communication from some parties). I have read every piece of literature I can find on the subject, including peer reviewed articles in medical journals. I have family who work in the medical field, and they have access to people who are on top of this subject. All I can say in summary is this : once you are possibly exposed to it, treat yourself as infected until you know your clear. I am doing it for my family, and my extended family (friends) at the gym. I would hope that they would do it for me. Could I train still - sure. Is it safe? well nothings safe, but that being said, would you fight/roll differently with someone you knew was infected or possibly infected? I couldn't live with the fact that I put myself before my family or friends and rolled and fought and by some strange act I infected someone else (if I have contracted the disease). Sure I could drill with someone, be careful regarding scratches and cuts, but what if? Therein lies the rub, what if..... I have told all my friends and cooworkers not to touch me without gloves if I have a cut. Universal precautions for all.

thanks again for the replies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast