Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    no gym

Anyone mastering the system with no partner/gym?

Hey guys, brand new here. Was wondering if anyone here has been able to learn the system with no gym or partner? Just a grappling dummy maybe?

I am definitely going to give it a go just wondering if anyone had any tips for doing this thing by yourself?

Thanks guys,

Jaime

Array

School
    no gym
    I should add that i have a background in jiu jitsu. trained at a school for about 4 years that used a curriculum from llyod irvin. I have not been involved in 4 years or so. When i was competing, I was never ranked but I feel confident saying i could compete with any blue belt at the time.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jacksonville
    Hello Jamie,

You live in Savannah, GA. I train at 10th Planet in Jacksonville. I think we are about 3 hours or less from each other. If you come to town once a month you can train with us and supplement your training at home on your own. I would recommend that over soley time alone.

Array

School
    no gym
    Karl,

thanks for that info. I also see on the map there is one in atlanta so not too far either.

Array

School
    Absolute MMA Shanghai
    Try to find at least one person to drill with. If you can find just one single person you are laughing. Your gf, your brother, the librarian, an mma dude, the postman!

Good luck brother

Array

School
    Family Combat Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Casselman View Post
    Try to find at least one person to drill with. If you can find just one single person you are laughing. Your gf, your brother, the librarian, an mma dude, the postman!

Good luck brother
    the librarian and the postman that is great. I dont live near a moon but when I traveler i find one near and go there. Hit a bjj gym and when it open roll train what you watch. Record so you can go over later.

Array

School
    no gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Casselman View Post

Good luck brother
    haha i am sure i can find one person. They kind of have to be into learning it too though right? Everything i see seems like your partner has to know whats going on too.

Array

School
    Absolute MMA Shanghai
    Would definitely help.
    Try visiting some open mats and making some friends, maybe you can find an another undercover 10p lover

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Grappling dummies are a great way to supplement training but it can never replace training with actual humans
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Open Mat
    @jaimetyler thats awesome bro, im pretty much the same so YOU ARE NOT ALONE :alien:

Did you study how to handle multiple attackers in mister Irvins classes?
    We live on a bowl.

"this isn't bread crumbs and horseshit" - AJ

"Come out, come out, pu$$y you can't hide from a war" - 50 cent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast