Array

School
    FLMAC/10th planet Ronin

Anderson silva using the lock down

I'm so happy that he using the lock down even for a sec

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    It's what he used to control Sonnen in their two fights, yeah mad props.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Yall caught that also?? I jumped to the ceiling when I saw he put the lockdown. I pointed out to Cora's coach..."that's the lockdown". He didn't know what it was or how one can use as an offensive attack.

Array

School
    10Th Planet Jiu Jitsu San Francisco
    Anderson has used the lockdown in multiple flights. He uses it to control the top man with a homie control grip as well. It would be awesome to see him add more sweeps and full guard recovery since he like using closed guard. I actually think it would be Superpowerful for him to add lockdown half to full guard to crackhead control to 6-12 elbows.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Denny: you watched the Edgar vs Olivera fight? Olivera pulled guard a few times and didn't so anything. I was screaming rubber guard, crackhead control..it would have been a different fight if he would have done what you suggested.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    Denny: you watched the Edgar vs Olivera fight? Olivera pulled guard a few times and didn't so anything. I was screaming rubber guard, crackhead control..it would have been a different fight if he would have done what you suggested.
    Edgar didn't really do much damage from the guard regardless. Edgar won the fight mostly on the feet mixed with a couple takedowns. I do agree with Oliviera's lankiness, had he used rubber guard he could have stopped the posture and probably snatched up a sub.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kadek View Post
    I'm so happy that he using the lock down even for a sec
    If only he would do something with it. Looked a little loose

Array

School
    FAA Leominster (Ronin)
    It's frustrating watching fighters play guard in the UFC--Almost everyone puts a hand on the mat on top in guard, and every time I see it all I'm thinking is, "Free New York! Free New York!". Couple that with the fact that most fighters only occasionally posture up (Content to throw arm punches), it's just begging for Rubber Guard.

Array

School
    blank
    he didn't (and hasn't in previous fights) use it to sweep or do much, more just seems to keep his opponent at bay and partially stalls with it. i wish he would use it more.

there are lots of guys who go to it against guys with super wrestling or top pressure, but you can tell they are improvising (don't really know how to use it) because they are just doing anything they can to keep opponents from passing. that said, i'm sure that happens a lot after guys take a lot of punishment and don't have the composure or energy to do much (understandable).

i can understand how x-guard, DLR and RDLR aren't practical for mma but i would have thought half-guard would be the place to be on the bottom now. i think demian maia is the only guy to use hg to stand which is pretty sweet.

Array

School
    Striker Fight Center
    Quote Originally Posted by DENNY PROKOPOS View Post
    I actually think it would be Superpowerful for him to add lockdown half to full guard to crackhead control to 6-12 elbows.
    Now would be a great time for Anderson to explore Muddy Waters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast