Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    Dive?
    I would have thought that tapping would be an easier dive during chris' submission attack rather than "Faking a KO" which i don't think it was.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    I don't think he took a dive but he clearly wasnt trying and didn't give a f*** anymore. You could tell by the post fight interview.
    'nah, I don't want a rematch or to fight for the title again, thanks for making me rich and changing the lives of my family, PEACE!'

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    I don't know how to quote people, but well said chronic jiu jitsu. I agree 100%.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    I don't think the fight was fixed, but for what it's worth, it did seem as though Anderson simply wanted out. It appeared as though he wanted to lose. He was acting really weird leading up to the fight (letting the challenger hold the belt; who does that?). Also, Weidman was throwing big and missing big. Anderson had several opportunities to counter and he didn't take one of them even though we all know he could have.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew "Chewie" James View Post
    I would have thought that tapping would be an easier dive during chris' submission attack rather than "Faking a KO" which i don't think it was.
    This is a good point, but I think Anderson doesn't want to fight anymore period. If he lost by submission, people would still want him to fight again, because a submission doesn't show where the losing fighter is at in terms of accumulated damage (or at least not in most cases). He gets knocked out and everybody says that he's done and should hang 'em up, which seems to be the direction he's leaning in.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Patten View Post
    I don't know how to quote people, but well said chronic jiu jitsu. I agree 100%.
    click on "reply with quote" right under where a persons message is.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by chronic_jiujitsu View Post
    I think Andersons showboating isnt so much showing off, as it is his fighting style. Same with Muhammad Ali. They take a lot of slack for keeping their hands down, but theres some benefits that come with the obvious setbacks. Its usually going to be taller guys in the weight class who will do that, because they have the option of leaning back/out of reach better than shorter guys.. But they CAN move their head a lot faster with the change in weight distribution by dropping their hands. Example: Take your hands and put them straight up in the air, try to weave to the left/right as fast as you can a few times. Then bring them down to your chin and do it again. You'll notice you can move a lit faster. Then do it again and drop them down by your hips (Like Ali/Silva), and youll notice the same thing again. Sure you risk the chance of getting rocked if they do hit you (As seen in the last fight).. but a LOT of the times youre going to break them mentally by dodging hits in a way theyre not used to when people have their hands up. Getting a shot blocked isnt as hard mentally as seeing a guy put his hands down and dodging them. To the opponent it looks like a high level of confidence that is being backed by his ability to not let you hit him. To Anderson, i think its all part of his style/strategy. Granted, I think he could do the same strategy without the dancing/pretending to crumble (Which got him koed this time). But then again, thats a mental jab in and of itself if you do it without getting hit. My 2 cents.
    Tiny "benefits" if at all, crazy risk. Maybe it was more effective in the 1960's but whos knows how shaky he would have been today if he had kept his guard up. If it is a fighting style, then it is a very stupid one.
    GO SHARKS!

"A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points. A conspiracy theory is a battle cry of a person with insufficient data." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

If this shit turns out to be true, I will get a tattoo of a crop duster spelling out the phrase, "Eddie was right!"

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    Tiny "benefits" if at all, crazy risk. Maybe it was more effective in the 1960's but whos knows how shaky he would have been today if he had kept his guard up. If it is a fighting style, then it is a very stupid one.
    I dont know. It definitely sounds stupid. And everyone obviously knows the setbacks. But think of all the most elusive fighters and youll start to notice a pattern. Anderson silva, Ali, Floyd Mayweather Jr, Jones, Machida... A lot of the most iconic figures in fighting, seem to have this seemingly huge "flaw" in their style. They all like to drop their hands while striking. (Mayweather usually likes to drop just the front hand, and guard with the other + his shoulder). But regardless of how dumb the idea sounds, there's no denying its working for some of the very top guys. And ironically, its all the ones who seem to be almost impossible to hit. If you can just dodge a few of those first shots. Not only will their punches be slower because theyre exhausting themselves.. But theyre mentally breaking as well. Which will make finishing them much easier when you do decide to. Its like jiujitsu. If you can allow your opponent very dominant positions, and keep defending in a way that makes them think theyll never get you.. It makes it much easier to win once you start your offense. (See Glover or Ryron as good examples). Sure its not a great strategy for everyone, but there's no denying that as dumb as it sounds at first... Its working at the top levels for some who choose to use it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    If Anderson kept his hands up and tried he would have won that fight if it kept standing. I think if Chris got it back to the ground he would have submitted Anderson. Silva did defend the knee bar and heel hook in round 1 but idk if he could have defended every attack and he wasnt doing much to get back to his feet minus the heel hook escape

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    He threw that fight.
    My dj mixes you might like. Trance/techno etc..."Seismic" mix , "Dirty Bombs" mix,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast