Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Array

School
    Electric City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Neale Hoerle View Post
    IMHO its like anything else... If you own BMW you dont drive a Mercedes. Like Eddie said, who knows what his TRUE feelings are. Fact is he's his own name brand...
    This.

I don't think He has a problem with Eddie or the system as much as he has a problem with people buying a rubber guard dvd over his dvd's. Its just a little envy I think, no big deal.

Array

School
    Electric City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Preston Bludworth View Post
    What you need to ask yourself is "are there any top MMA guys that have MASTERED the Rubber Guard." 10th planet is still, in terms of martial arts, a VERY YOUNG system. I imagine that it will be a few more years before people have it mastered enough to employ it in the top level mma matches. I have already seen it a few times by "top level" guys, which I assume refers to the professional level. Nino Schimbre, Jason Day, Shinya Aoki, these are all professional and well known fighters that have used it in mma bouts.

I think that the system as a whole is too young to gauge whether or not it will be the standard or not in the cage. 10th planet is just part of a bigger system of jiu jitsu. It is not the end all be all. Everything has a place and figuring out when to use the tools you have is half the battle.
    +1. Other than Vinny and George there are way more guys doing it half assed than legit. Can't wait until all the young talent takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Arnold View Post
    This.

I don't think He has a problem with Eddie or the system as much as he has a problem with people buying a rubber guard dvd over his dvd's. Its just a little envy I think, no big deal.
    That's not it at all. Ryan doesn't even diss Eddie on said footage. Doesn't mention his name, doesn't mention the rubber guard by name, nothing...Ryan likes the position for MMA. Just doesn't like it for Jiu-Jitsu.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    'Cuz FUCK Ryan Hall, THAT'S why.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan_Karam View Post
    'Cuz FUCK Ryan Hall, THAT'S why.
    :/ Ryan is a awesome dude and amazing grappler. I trained with him last week and got to roll a 10 minute round with him. He was nothing but super nice to me and runs a great school. He had no problem we me playing rubber on some of his guys. It might not be his preference, but that is all. He has done a lot for the sport, especially being American born. I'm looking forward to going back.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I'm gonna be totally honest and admit that I have a bit of a man crush on Ryan Hall. That 50/50 entry I hit at the last tournament was something I started working on after seeing him using it (and then saw Jason Eisner working it on MTS. Thanks Eisner!). I picked up his 50/50 and Triangle DVD set and I think he's a freaking genius and one of the best teachers I've ever heard on the subject of Jiu Jitsu.

As far as him "dissing" the Rubber Guard, I don't know about that. He definitely says you shouldn't just pull your foot up in front of your face all sloppily (and I think we would all agree that this is true) and it's clear that he steers people away from that style of guard, but he doesn't bash Eddie by any means. If someone has personal experiences with him to the negative, I can't speak to that. I've only met him in passing one time so it's not like I know the guy personally, but I know plenty of people that have been to train at his gym and they all speak very highly of him.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    He's got the best instructionals. His back attack dvd is amazing and a lot of the small details transfered to nogi just fine. It upped my game for sure
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    He's got the best instructionals. His back attack dvd is amazing and a lot of the small details transfered to nogi just fine. It upped my game for sure
    Word. That's my favorite series of his aside from the triangle set.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    11th Dimension
    I googled found this.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Arnold View Post
    +1. Other than Vinny and George there are way more guys doing it half assed than legit. Can't wait until all the young talent takes over.
    Yeap.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast