Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    lost

Why does Ryan Hall dis the Rubberguard?

I was watching his 50/50 dvds and he seems to be completely against it, anyone know why?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Not really sure what his true feelings are about the rg but all people who dislike it havnt taken the time to master it. It's simple, if you don't like wrestling odds are you prolly suck at takedowns :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Well, peope tend to have their likes/dislikes regardless of what they are good at. The amount of time that guy spends training, I assure you he has practiced rg, and he is most certainly the body type/flexibility I would expect to be good at it.

Maybe he just feels he has some other things that play much better to his game, and its not so much he doesnt feel rg is any good, but just not the best for him?

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I thought that he said that the RG, encourages people to play flat off of their back and that it breeds improper guard work? Or something to that effect. Which is odd, because I can't even work rubber guard until I achieve a broken posture and a proper attack angle... two things which are crucial components to most (if not all?) guard attacks.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    ^^^ I guess that just underlines what Eddie said. Ryan has not put in the time to understand the RG.

Array

School
    lost
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    I thought that he said that the RG, encourages people to play flat off of their back and that it breeds improper guard work? Or something to that effect. Which is odd, because I can't even work rubber guard until I achieve a broken posture and a proper attack angle... two things which are crucial components to most (if not all?) guard attacks.
    What's the proper attack angle?

Array

School
    Pedro bessa, cardiff, wales.
    exactly he's practised rubber guard not mastered it. I carn't really see ryan putting on a mastering the rubber guard dvd and studying it, he might have but i would guess not.

The proper angle is where there centre mass is off at the side compared to your centre mass, aka an angle.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by lost View Post
    What's the proper attack angle?
    You achieve a proper attacking angle when you can get your hip out to the side of your opponent. I like to think of it as if I were flanking their hips, using all of my tools against one side of their body rather then attacking all of them head on. This also allows my hips to be free so I can pivot for an attack. Squared up, it's too easy for my opponent to keep me centered, nullifying my hips and my guard.

Array

School
    10TH Planet Morgantown
    IMHO its like anything else... If you own BMW you dont drive a Mercedes. Like Eddie said, who knows what his TRUE feelings are. Fact is he's his own name brand...

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Yeah he disses it pretty hard on his triangle set too but I've seen him work it in competition before. Silly Ryan

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast