Hello peeps
    I love to practice my squeeze for chokes
    And have a little punch bag that I squeeze all time but have no system
    Does anyone have a program that they use for this
    Ie. 5sets of 30 sec squeeze ?????

Array

School
    Ronin
    I do squeezing pull ups with an "ab sling". I just slide my arm through a single ab sling hung from the top of the power cage, and do pull ups from various grips with the last rep being a max squeeze for time: 10 Gable Grip pull ups each arm, 10 S grip pull ups each arm, 10 RNC pull ups each side. I put these at the end of my foundational strength/grip and carry day.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    ^That's cool. Also, anything you can do while you're winding down at night is good. Like the one where you squeeze your knee and try to slice off your knee cap. That's great and you can do it over and over without really thinking about it if you are watching TV. I'm working on flexibility right now..and I do all of it while watching TV.

Cool
    thanks for all your help

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Roller up episode #3 and #4 with scott epstein. Our coach has us squeeze 100% for 12 seconds once we feel we have the choke set up properly. The idea is to internalize what 12 seconds of 100% squeeze feels like so you can adjust or go to something else if its not worked by then.

combining scotts concept of incremental squeezing with the 12 sec times limit of 100% seems to be a great way to do it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Experiment with it...Try seeing how much pressure you can realistically apply to the bag without ever going over a certain % effort, maybe 50%? 80%? Its all about technique. Some of the weakest guys have the nastiest squeezes. Focus on technique while doing it. In class I try not to squeeze very much at all...and NEVER squeeze 100%. In a big competition with the time running out....sure. But, theoretically, you should be able to tap people with most chokes with VERY, VERY little squeeze effort and 100% perfect technique. That said, there's definitely something to having a squeeze that can crush cement... I just think the weight room is where the actual static strength should be trained.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    practice it all the time, i even have stress balls which i squeeze and hold for a certain amount of time. good for grip strength. you can do the jerk work out and flex muscles for as long as you can as well.

i think its on a video from fight science, where they got randy couture in and he choked someone for a minute, and they found that when he squeezes his body releases lactic acid as normal but whats different is that the lactic acid spreads a lot further and doesnt build up as much so he is able to squeeze for a much longer time without getting gassed.

(in case anyone doesnt know, lactic acid is the middle "group" of energy your body releases, after ATP which is your explosive energy, lactic acid is produced and for a while releases energy but after a while it builds up which is what burning out your arms feels like and eventually aerobic things start to happen, like ur second wind)